Today was a super long one! The chick who has been out sick finally returned to work. I thought it was due to her pregnancy but she just had a cold. Wish I’d call out for a cold. Speaking of calling out I continue to forget to ask the DR about my gift cards for September and October!
The kids weren’t anywhere near as terrible today as they were yesterday, at least during the morning. Even though that chick was there I’d much rather have worked with my old CT1 (which I did yesterday). This girl doesn’t move or do as much as she should/could. Also I was really pissed at the kitchen prep lady. When she relieves us to go potty she comes in and just watches the kids. They could literally murder one another and she’d just stand there and watch Well I said something to my old CT and finally asked her (the kitchen lady) to do something simple and basic: just stand here and talk to the kids about what these pictures are. Her response: that’s not what I’m in here for! WTF!!!!!! I don’t think you’re in here to let the room go to hell and back! I think she’s getting lazy in her old age, she’s close to retirement-ability.
I actually got out to do paperwork even though it was about half an hour late, once again better late than never! This actually casued me a lot of stress. I’m supposed to turn in the goal sheets from October for the kids that are on my caseload, but I can’t find the jump drive or any of the paper documents the previous girl was responsible for. I’ve looked on two drives, two computers, and all the easily accessible files! So I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to start afresh and create all my kids sheets for September and October AND November!! Not sure how on earth I’m going to do that considering we only get the 30 minutes in the evenings! Also the PC lost the files I turned in so I had to reprint them. Additonally when I went to check to make sure my old kiddos got their October sheets handed in I discovered that their new teacher f’d up! She handed in November’s sheet! Aye aye aye! The PC said she wasn’t going to worry about it even though it’s an easy fix, I just have to do some more explaining.
I got off on time again today. I’m really loving getting off at four, just a shame it’s not that way everyday. Anyways, when I got home I put away lunch and cleaned all the dishes. Then got ready to head over to Allison’s. I had to stop at Aldi on the way to get the fresh heads of romaine and everybody on Gallatin and their siblings and children were on Gallatin!!! I was the last one to arrive, which I hate, and had to find some crazy parking.
My time there was great. I really hope that we do it this way more often. It was an Italian potluck. There ws so much fab food: caprese skewers, bruschetta, olive tapende, tons of bread and cheeses, Italian meatloaf (which I loved) and browned butter pasta (that was a little dry). I also enjoyed a nice glass of chardonnay! That’s rare! We also had another red and then a merlot w dessert; Publix chocolate cake.
I really enjoyed the company too and I think that I’d get along really well with Al’s BF Donna. We had so much in common with our personalities. We talked about the Cali trip in April and now I need to double check with the DR if I can get those dates. If I can I need to start saving $$$$. The plane tickets are 300 each way, 250 to 350 for boarding, plus car rental and food and drinks. So close to a grand for five days. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to use our miles. Allison said she would use hers for me, we’ll see. I really want to go! I also found out that Allison doesn’t really talk to AJ very much since their trip to the beach b/c of something she said or did; I’m not sure what I couldn’t get it out of them without it seeming to obvious; but I’ve always wondered what they saw in her! Not that she’s bad, but I was def shocked about their bond that happened so easily!
Allrighty, of course the best part today was ladies night!!!!
Let’s hope tomorrow is nice….
No comments:
Post a Comment