Thursday, September 13, 2012

can you hear me growl?

Well I looked back at the entries that I haven’t posted online yet and for some strange reason, Thrusday’s always keep getting skipped during this time of me trying to get back on track.  Curious-er and curious-er.

I don’t have too much to say today considering it’s kind of late.  I really just wanted to get down my important memories again.

My CCT snapped during circle time.  She’s kind of pushing me over the edge w her attitude.  She’s so friendly to our new girl, hmmm I haven’t ‘named’ her yet.  I think I want to call her Starjay for privacy purposes.  LOVE IT.  Ok back to CCT.  While I was doing circle time this morning it dawned on me that it would be adorable to bring sugar cookies for the kids to eat tomorrow to incorporate our book to make it more tangible.  Well tomorrow is her LP day and I suggested, at least that’s what I thought I was doing, and said something along the lines of ‘we should give em’ cookies tomorrow, what do you think about it?’ (not sure of my exact words).  Goodness gracious you would have thought I stomped on her feet!  (you know instead of just stepping on her toes *he he he I make myself laugh sometimes*)  Her response (paraphrased of course) ‘I don’t tell you what to do on your days so don’t tell me how to do it’.  LORDY LOU, I just thought it a neat idea and wished I’d thought about it earlier!  I wasn’t trying to tell her what to do, just popped in my head.  See, if I was working w my real CT she would have loved it and been down!  Man do I miss her and can not wait till she comes back on the 24th!  Not to mention I get to see her baybbbeeee! 

2nd thing I want to remember is that the DR asked me to go back to my old schedule for the time being.  So now I’m working 8:30 to 5:00 again!  When she told me yesterday I was a little distracted (I was looking for where I sat down my art activity for the kids) and I don’t think I reacted the way she thought I would.  I was kind of worried it was too good to be true when she mentioned it b/c she said ‘for now’, which means it could and probably will change again.  I wondered when they (being the admin) were going to realize that there needed to be another staff member in our room earlier than what I was getting there considering there’s 10 kids, on average, at 8:30!  So I’m glad, but can’t get to used to it.  Well I asked the PC what I was supposed to do at five till since I’ve been passing the kids over at 5:05 and she didn’t know.  She said she’d get back to me and never did.  So at five till I called and she told me to call in Starjay.  I called her in (she was on the playground) and she took a bit to get to the door.  When she finally got to the door I couldn’t get to it so I asked a kid to do it and  pointed to the door.  When I looked back Starjay was gone!  It dawned on me that she thought I was saying ‘wait a minute’ instead of pointing.  THEN she discovered she needed to go potty!  All that business got me out five minutes late!  Not huge, but sucks b/c I can’t record any extra OT, but sat in traffic *errrrrrr*  Hopefully she’ll be on time tomorrow. 

My hubby was home when I arrived and he was nice enough to help me cut all my grapes for my grape salad!  Which he was shocked that I wasn’t following the recipe exactly and mixing and matching my own ingredients.  SOOOO unlike me!  He was also shocked that I’d try out a random mix and match on other people.  It wasn’t too large of a change: subbed vanilla greek yogurt for the sour cream (which upped the protein, lowered the fat, and omitted the sugar and vanilla) and subbed lc cheese for the cream cheese (cut back on the fat and maybe carbs a little).  Then we made dinner: left over burger and fries that I over toasted, but mixed ketchup w sriachia and LOVED it! 

After dinner I finally completed my diaper farm for the baby shower on Saturday!!  It’s sooooo cute.  I’ll post pics later (hopefully – maybe even to it here instead of a different one!). 

That’s all I want to remember for today.   Peak of the day – quality time w the hubs in the kitchen; it was nice to do something mindless while being able to talk.

I’m glad you let me get my memories out today…

No comments:

Post a Comment