Friday, September 14, 2012

one more week and a ? for you

TGIF!!!!!!!!  There’s no way I can express how excited I am that today is the last day of this week!  It’s not been terrible, but it ain’t been easy either!  I’ve had a rough go at it in the room w my CCT, but I have to hold in b/c my CT is coming back SOON, I only five days left in the current situation, but more on that a bit later. 

My day started super early.  Even though I’ve been in the current room and running at my current schedule since early August I hadn’t changed my alarm from my prior routine and it went off at five.  Well by golly I finally fixed it today! The plus was that I got to see my hubby off, he’s out of town for the weekend (pleasure – squirrel hunting, not working). 

Now I can tell you bout the shitty morning:
CCT had today’s LP so I couldn’t dare step on her toes.  During M-n-M I asked if she wanted a baby and she snapped.  I cleaned up since today was grandparents day and put her scissors away, she was rude about that.  Next I pulled out cube blocks to practice stacking, that pissed her off (well deserved since she’s changed her game of thinking – I played with them in a quiet place like she did prior and now she wants the toys that belong in that center to stay in that center; that makes sense, but I didn’t know she wanted it that way).  She wanted to talk on the playground, I didn’t b/c I didn’t have anything nice to say and needed to take a breather.  However, that wasn’t okay with her and she asked me two more times to talk to her while we were outside and I had to tell her no each time.  After all the commotion during lunch (keep reading down it’ll be there) and chatting w the DR my CCT and worked it out yet again.  I finally told her I didn’t like the way she talked to me; it’s rude, hurtful, and disrespectful (since we were laying out all our card).  She thinks I think too much and take things personally, I do – always have.  Not sure what the official conclusion was; maybe she’s going to try to talk nicer to me?  I didn’t necessarily say I’d do anything to change b/c I’m currently trying – not talking to her like she’s a child and not using my hands.

Are you still curious about all the commotion during lunch?  Well I said it was grandparents day early, did you read that?  K, we had 3 in our class of 10 visit.  Phish’s gma was one of them.  He stayed in his seat while she was in there, however his mom came in and he thought it was time to go.  Then they left and melted down.  When the came back he finally calmed a bit, but didn’t listen to me anymore and made a royal mess.  Well while trying to let his mom and gma eat I tried to keep the peace as well as help a friend eat his veggies.  During all this the LT in the Monkey’s (the old AT from the babies class) little man decided to put peas in his nose!  Are you thinking ‘big deal, they pop out?’.  Well true the two that were on the edge popped out, but he had managed to pack one following the other in his right nostril, that’s right, TWO PEAS in a teeny tiny nostril meant to hold only one.  So what did that mean?  The first pea had been pushed too far up to remove ourselves and he had to go to the ER to get it taken out!  I know I over reacted, but man did I feel terrible being the person in charge of the little guy and not keeping him safe.  GAWD I feel awful.  I actually had trouble looking/being around mom afterwards. 

The afternoon was okay, we played and played and played; not much learning going on.  However I did come up with a new way for kids to work on matching shapes that they loved: draw large ones on the white board and have them erase the matching one from the little boards. 

After work I came over here, my IL’s, to find a wonderful surprise: Ellie was playing w Bosco!  Oh yeah, Ellie had an accident too that I could smell from the dining room! (which is three rooms away from the accident – which was by the back door fortunately)  Of course I’ve spent my time reading recipes, blogs, and pinning.

Do you remember how I mentioned all the things I’d like to do w my blog or another one?  ****LINK BACK TO 7/31/12 ****  Well this morning’s radio show would be a fun thing to include in that.  I was listening to Gender Wars on the radio and the winner won tickets to Wine on the River for tomorrow!  It was a guy who has to work and I’m sure has no interest in it!  What makes it worse is that I’m pretty sure I could have won if I called in!  I don’t think I told you but I broke down and bought myself a ticket.  I can’t couldn’t find anyone to go with me, so I’m going on my own.  My IL’s are going to drop me off and pick me up.  I’m a little nervous, but excited at the same time.  This way I don’t have to wait on anyone to move to the next sample, but I won’t have anyone to talk to either.  If I’d won those/that ticket I’m sure I could have found someone to go for half price or free!  I could finally meetup with some of the peeps from the Wine Enthusiast group, but I totally think I’d like being on my own more.  Guess we’ll see tomorrow night (cross your fingers it’s a shiney event). 

My eats are a bit embarrassing as well:
B-fast – berry banana vanilla parfait
Lunch – a fried chicken leg (extremely salty and didn’t agree w me later), mac-and-chees, hashbrown casserole, green bean casserole, baked beans, potato salad, a couple of cucumbers, some fruit salad, two (maybe three honestly can’t remember) oreo truffles, a brownie, two servings of éclair cake, and a slice of carrot cake.  Just so you know I didn’t eat it all at once, the meat and three I did, the rest I kind of grazed on all day. 
Dinner – I wasn’t too hungry, but knew I needed to eat something good for the body so I had an apple w pb, a cheese stick, and some of my grape salad w nuts.  BTW my grape salad was a huge hit!  Well w three people at least. 

Oh I just thought of something else I’d include in the other fantasy blog a question about your opinion what you like in blogs.  I came across this food blog that had some amazing pictures, but they were huge and took the page forever to load.  Not only did it take so long to load, but since they were soooo large I had to scroll down forever!  I like food blogs that have short and sweet stories w the recipe OR they have the clickable link to get to the recipe to go past all the words (kind of an oxymoron I know, my entries are extremely wordy!  Just imagine if I had pics too!!!!)  Most of all I HATE the blogs that have the recipe included in the pictures in teeny tiny hard to read cursive print.  Yeah sure it looks nice, but who can read it?!?!  I just skip right over it. 

K, done w my ranting random thought there.  Have you made it this far?  Anyways my high, which I forgot to mention was that Phish’s mom brought me in a small container of tahini, which I left at school – BOO. 

Thanks to anyone who continues to read these…

No comments:

Post a Comment