YAY YAY YAY (picture me jumping up and down like a school girl).
Today was pretty amazing, except for the stupidness that is me! I got to work the early shift, thank you Baby LT! This also means it went by really fast!
Stupidness = leaving bday cake at home and having to go back to get it! I didn’t realize I left it at home until I heard something on the radio about cakes for bday’s and delivery or something. This too would have been a great little snippet if I was witty and had a full time blog!
My CCT got smart w me yet again and I tried to grin and bear it knowing that it wouldn’t be too much longer since my move I mentioned the other day. Then she realized it was rude and confronted me, which was humorous even though I wanted to knock her out.
I ate lots and lots of yummy red velvet mini cakes, some cookies, a few bites of fruit, and one homemade red velvet cupcake. The icing on it, buttercream, was delish (smooth and rich, mmmm) so I’ve started to take the path to get that!
When it was close to time for me to get off I stopped in the baby room just as a check in and realized their clock is almost five minutes slow! The LT said ‘you’ve still got five minutes right’, by her clock I did, not by the world clock on my cell-y. I got out at two after.
When I got off on the Paris exit a guy I went to school w coincidently got off too. I tried to check if it was him and was pretty sure. When I turned right onto 218 it was confirmed. I msged him via fb a little funny.
For dinner we had some amazing grilled burgers w cheese and sautéed onions. I had a couple of glasses of Sangria (it was all right a bit high in alcohol (not a problem though) and I was the only one; I wish I had my wine journal with me so I could remember it better – yet another little snippet that could go on a full time blog!).
We cut that cake – verdict: BOOOOOOOOOO It had the texture of cornbread or something similar. Too stinkin’ dry! Kind of like a scone almost; you know a little moist and dry at the same time and crumbly strange? Tasted good though. I’m working on figuring out how to make it a success and will try tomorrow. Dad and Mike both think I may have over cooked it a bit. I’m wondering if it’s that as well as using self rising flour and baking powder (in case you didn’t know self rising is AP w bp and salt added to make it rise). Cross your fingers I ‘fix’ it (Mike wants to inject it with flavor moisture).
Of course the best part of my day is being home w my daddy!!!
Wishing you have a GRRRR-EEAATTT weekend…
No comments:
Post a Comment