Monday, September 10, 2012

first night of n'ville originals

Well today was an okay sort of day.  Started out easy and what I thought would be a good day, dipped a bit, and then ended in a high (at least for the present moment).

Hubby went to work super early.  I don’t remember what time, but I do remember waking up early when he left and tried to talk with him, but no clue what I said.  I enjoyed my bfast and finished earlier than usual, just by five minutes, and got to play w/ Bella. 

Once I arrived to work I did the usual as well as made a to do list that I need to complete in the next few days.  One of the more interesting things; when I checked my email there was a response from a blog I read regularly.  I sent her an email over the weekend and she emailed me a response.  Not only did I get a response but she mentioned me on her blog!  Kind of cool.  The name on her email was unfamiliar and I almost didn’t open it, but I’m glad I did.

The day went okay.  We were low in numbers.  My Phish wasn’t there b/c he was sick and we sent another little guy home w a fever.  I tried to call my GYN to get an appointment but they weren’t answering their phones as early as they should have been and when they finally did I was on hold too long and had to hang up before getting to talk to em.  I didn’t call on my lunch break, not sure why now I didn’t, but maybel I’ll have better luck tomorrow.    

After work I walked to the library and picked up my book (oh I really need to get up and find my books to return tomorrow).  Allrighty I got the one due tomorrow, but not the other one; I’m not sure where it is (YIKES).  Then I headed over to Belmont to have dinner w my hubby, but the restaurant I picked was closed (on Mondays ;’( )  So we headed over to Burger Up instead – DELISH!!!! 

During dinner Aaron asked me how my day was and I got extremely contemplative and realized that working w my CCT isn’t going all that great.  I don’t really care too much for some of her ways: she brought us in five minutes early from the playground.  It’s not a huge deal, but five minutes is a lot for little kids to burn energy.  Oh and before going outside I tried to help her b/c I thought she wasn’t able to but she kind of reared back and got possessive of her abilities.  Later after lunch we had to take a nap in the gym and she transitioned the children much differently than I would have.  In addition to that she woke them up early and got them back to class much sooner than I thought appropriate.  As well to all of this she tried going against all the hard work we’ve done in the last month or so and just let the kids play instead of break into small groups.  It sucked b/c the kids didn’t learn anything.  They just played and made a hot mess! 

Now my eats:
Bfast – cantaloupe & cc
Lunch – chicken salad & a peach
Snack – two clemetines
Dinner – ¼ lamb burger, ¼ bison burger, and ¾ ff w a beer. 
At home – a couple pieces of chocolate

Let’s talk about the burgers shall we?!?!
We ordered diff burgers and cut them in half and shared. 
The lamb had boursin cheese, arugula, and red onion & the bison had fried onions & jalapenos, tomato, & lettuce.  I liked them both equally.  The first bite of lamb was weird, but once I smeared the cheese around it was better.  The bison was delish as was.  Once dipped into the honey mustard aioli it was better.  The fries were delicious and I had trouble stopping!  I had a beer, not sure what it was called, but it was okay.  It was served w a lemon and I squeezed a second one in it and made it even better.  I’d order it again. 

The best part: impromptu dinner w the hubs and plans for tomorrow nites w another couple.

Thanks for being interested…

No comments:

Post a Comment