Monday, March 28, 2011

3rd week

Whoa my dad totally ended better than it started!  I can’t decide whether I should talk backwards or not.  Guess I’ll just be normal and start off where a day starts.

Well of course I had another bad nights sleep.  Aaron still wasn’t home (he is now, but not last night).  I was warm enough, I just couldn’t stay asleep.  Izzie kept rolling around and it woke me each time.  I remember fussing at her at least two times to relax, only to find out she had only moved and not gotten up (I felt so guilty). 

When I got ready to leave and go to work I discovered that Izzie had taken a trip out of our yard to goodness knows where with the stray beagle that’s been running around.  This doesn’t sound like a big deal when read, but man was I wigged.  Oh I forgot to mention she’s in heat!  I had the blinds up above the kitchen sink and was making my lunch.  I saw her go behind the garage.  However when I went out to whistle for her she didn’t come running.  I walked all the way around our house, the garage, and the shed.  This was kind of embarrassing b/c my neighbor across the road was outside with her dog on a leash and she had to know what I was doing.  So I wondered around and then called my boss to let her know what was going on.  Next I called the parentals to see if they knew of a number/place I could call and say “hey if you see this dog, it’s mine, don’t pound her please”.  They said there wasn’t a place like that but they did come help me find her.  I drove our road and the one behind it two times as well as walked down our road.  I was turning the corner and my ‘parents’ pulled onto the road at the opposite end.  Luckily enough they had her in the back seat!  They found her at the next corner playing with that beagle.  So I got here home and getting ready to leave and as I’m getting into the car I see that damn beagle circling our house!  I’ve never wanted to physically harm an animal ever in my life, but man did that boil my blood just a bit. 

Got to work and felt like my brain was going haywire.  I felt like I needed to appropriately thank my in-laws and didn’t know what I wanted to do.  I thought of getting them one of a couple of deliveries, taking them out to eat, or making them dinner.  At lunch time I checked my blogs and this delicious sounding meal was posted, which I took as a sign.  So I made them this great dinner (which will be remade and tweaked) and an okay dessert.  I think the dessert would be better if it had set, but it was getting late and I really don’t like to eat after seven if I can control it. 

The day with the kids at work was decent enough.  Honestly my mind was so flabbergasted by the lack of sleep and great start that the day kind of just flew by. 

Aaron came home today and was in bed when I got back.  We took some time and caught up with just life of a married couple. 

That’s all I got…

No comments:

Post a Comment