Today is the sixth consecutive day I've posted! I'm so exctied. Now on to the 'good stuff'...
I got up later than my dad today, only by half an hour or so, but I felt better about the difference (I typically feel guilty if he wakes up first and has to sit around while I’m asleep at my house). He mentioned at some point yesterday that he’s had trouble sleeping and was just lightly asleep yesterday when I got up and showered, which ended his reverie.
I got up later than my dad today, only by half an hour or so, but I felt better about the difference (I typically feel guilty if he wakes up first and has to sit around while I’m asleep at my house). He mentioned at some point yesterday that he’s had trouble sleeping and was just lightly asleep yesterday when I got up and showered, which ended his reverie.
We sat around for a while and chatted, as usual. He showered, and then we got Aaron up and went and did more shopping. Today we went to Home Depot, Lowes, and Wal Mart.
Our Home Depot trip was a shocker! We (really Aaron & Ross, with me as a financial backer) are remodeling our bathroom and Aaron has all the details picked out and planned. The HD had the shower wall tiles that he wanted. The total was around $350! However I’m happy b/c he did save a bit of cash by purchasing the 12x12 tiles instead of the 6x12 ones. He’s going to cut them in half. The smaller tiles were a dollar and nine cents more which would have been an extra $150! I’m thankful for that and hope he really cuts them like he says (if he doesn’t cut them he’s going to “kite” them and make a brick like pattern)!
At Lowe’s we bought the tile for the shower floor, bathroom floor, and decided on a color for the walls! The color is called Redstone Lasso and I hope it looks good. It took us forever to pick out a color. Aaron originally wanted a shade of rusty orangeish red, which I was worried would look too dark. Keeping my finger’s crossed. I think the price there ended up being around $250, but can’t remember specifically.
Then we stopped at Wal Mart to pick up the few grocery items we needed for our fry fest. My dad wanted fried catfish while he was here b/c my uncle doesn’t care for it and he doesn’t get it very often at home b/c of that.
So we had fried catfish, homemade potato fries, slaw, and white beans for dinner. I tried to be healthy and attempted to make “fried” baked fish, which was awful! I ended up having to throw the pieces in the hot oil, but at least I had a healthier batter?! (that’s what I’m telling myself) and I made small bowl of “healthy” coleslaw. Our roommate was hilarious, I made a larger bowl of slaw for the guys and he raved about it tons. I actually put a secret ingredient in it b/c I ran out of mayo, but didn’t tell anyone. I wonder if that made it better? When dad sat down with his plate I was kind of shocked. He has been planning on visiting since February and we’ve talked about having fish since then. However when he sat down he only had one filet on his plate! By the end of the meal he did have another half a piece, but I totally expected him to have at least three! Well we only had two filets left over and I hope Aaron eats them before he leaves this weekend since it’s in the fattening batter.
Thanks for taking the time…
No comments:
Post a Comment