Thursday, March 17, 2011

my Saint Paddy's Day

I went to my PT appointment and met a fellow blogger, which was really neat.  I was kind of worried the whole day afterwards because I was my curious self and had to ask her if she was who I thought she was.  She was and we chatted for a bit between exercises. 

The day was decent enough, especially considering I can’t remember too many negative things.  The only down moments of the day was when our little guy, who has finally transitioned into the routine, had his rough moments.  He was sick last week and had a few after symptoms.  He cried kind of hard at some points through out the day. 

When I got off work I called my MIL to ask her a question about the weekend and was informed that granny’s (Aarons) birthday lunch got changed to dinner at 6:30, hence why I didn’t get to write on Thursday.  It was GREAT!!!  She turned 90!  Sometimes I still can’t believe it.  My paternal g-parents only lived to mid 60’s and we thought granny was going to pass in 08’.  She’s had tons of trouble with breathing and if I’m not mistaken I think she had lung cancer.  She now has to use and oxygen tank all the time and can’t get out much, but it’s amazing to still have her around. 

For dinner there was amazing homemade lasagna, a spring salad, two wines (white and red) and lemon cake like my uncle’s orange cake he makes at Christmas.  The salad was great; it had a mix green bed with red peppers, avocado, cucumbers, tomatoes, mushrooms, and carrots.  Aunt Kay made lemon thyme vinaigrette to go on it and I got all the left over salad to have for lunch on Friday.  I over indulged and had a whole serving of lasagna, two glasses of wine, cake and ice cream, and then consumed the cake crumbs off the platter.  When I got on the scale that night it showed!  I know the weekend is going to be even harder since my dad is coming into town. 

Thanks for being there…

No comments:

Post a Comment