So it’s Monday March 14, 2011 which is a week later than I wanted to start, but at least I finally remembered and it’s not a month later.
I had a great time visiting with my parents over the last weekend. I made these super yummy Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies from Martha Stewart’s website with my dad and they were fabulous. We decided that the cookies needed to be mashed down on the cookie sheet versus just being dropped, and I really prefer mashing them a second time halfway through cooking, but dad said he thought they were too dense. Well, if I ever make them myself I’ll double smash. Then with mom we went and shopped and watched movies all weekend. Nice relaxing quality time. She also made ribs on Sunday and I made a pig of myself. I got a good report from the dentist; no cavities! I give thanks to ACT mouth rinse/wash; since I’ve been using it I haven’t had one.
First things first, I can’t believe it but our laptop has found a wireless connection that isn’t password protected. We’ve been in our house since 07’ and everything around has been, I wonder who has moved in the surrounding area and has one that’s open? I’m not typing this into Google right now b/c even though I can access it, it’s ridiculously slow.
I’d love to catch myself up on what’s happened over the last week, since this is taking place of a journal and I would normally do that in one, but can’t remember all of it. So I’ll just pretend as if this is the beginning and I’m not a week late.
Today was a pretty decent day. I didn’t get much sleep last night so I thought it was going to be awful, luckily it wasn’t. The kids were good, even though I had a bit of a problem with my girl that I have to feed. Lunch was hard! I had to feed four children which is almost humanely impossible. Luckily enough my Co Teacher (CT) offered to help feed the fourth and I’m super thankful she did b/c he had a veracious appetite and ate two jars of food (which is extremely abnormal for him, at school he usually just eats an average of five bites). (SIDE NOTE: boo my internet connection just died!!! Now there’s only two surrounding WN and they are both locked.) Nap and lunch went smoothly as well as the afternoon with our own kids. I got to play with the big kids and one of the oldest corrected me in my enunciation of a ‘dinosaur’, more of an ancient fish than dinosaur. Told his mom about it and she’s going to find out what he was talking about and let me know. I can’t believe a five year old can educate me.
The down side of the day is our AD wants to take over and micromanage my CT and I when she doesn’t really have the ability considering she doesn’t have any experience with CWSN. I know that she’s much older than me and has had her own business and all, but at least I’ve been working with CWSN for almost eight years. She thinks that we need to change our lesson plan that we just got under control. She wants us to change our book more often, but she doesn’t understand that our children are only at school eight days a month versus twenty that the rest of the children in the center are there. (SIDE NOTE: woo hoo, just made plans for a girl’s night for Wednesday. MEXICAN!, can’t wait, I’m responsible for chips and salsa, now I get to decide if I want to make salsa or take some of the stuff we’ve already got, which isn’t all that yummy IMO, Chi Chi’s. & the WN just reconnected!!!)
So I took a few minutes to read/view my blogs and of course I found all kinds that I like. I would love if whoever has this open WN would stay around.
We had a really good weekend. We went to Ross’ on Saturday and had a great time grilling out and drinking our delicious adult beverages. DH has a group of ‘friends’, and two of the girls had babies over the winter. I find it a tad bit humorous honestly. The group, which I like to refer to as ‘triad’, dislike another girl in addition to me. The other disliked girl and one of the members of the ‘triad’ are the ones who had the babies. Eerily enough they’ve named their babies really similarly; Kyle and Caylen. I know reading it doesn’t really sound similar but hearing it, the really are. I also find it extremely strange b/c the TV on DVD we watch currently lead chicks name is Cahlen, which is pronounced the same as the latter. (AWWW BUMMER, my WN connection just failed and I was trying to look at a new recipe for another version of cauliflower fritters, considering the last ones were DISGUSTING!) Anyways on Sunday we went and had our taxes done and it was quite awful. We didn’t get anywhere near as much back as we did last year, which upset me pretty bad. But my DH, being the amazing man that he is, made me realize that I have the money, I just didn’t get it in one lump sum and have gotten it over the year in small increments. I found out that the restaurant job I had didn’t take out any federal taxes and my current job is only taking out a small percentage instead of the recommended ten percent. So now I need to make sure that I change it on my forms at work so next year I can get back a large sum. (ERRR I really wish the WN would reconnect I really want to see the recipe that’s next in line).
Oh and while I was at my dads, on the 4th, I ordered some special peanut butter and finally got both sample packages. I got the first package on Monday and the second one Friday. I mixed them yesterday and sampled them. It turned out the way I was worried it would. Product A offers a creamy, crunchy, and pro and Product B offers creamy and chocolate enhanced. I was hoping product A would taste better since I’m a crunchy kind of gal; but product B tasted better to me and to DH. I hope I like the chocolate one and can survive without my nuts.
Well I didn’t do too well with eating healthy today, but will try to do better tomorrow. Less candy and carbs, more fruit and veggies and protein.
Hopefully tomorrows post won’t be as long, but Thursday’s probably will be since I doubt I’ll post on Wednesday with the girls night and all.
Thanks for being there...
No comments:
Post a Comment