Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday no 2

Man I had another night of awful sleep!  Last night before I went to bed I let Izzie out and pulled a “dad’s mistake”: I forgot to take her diaper off!  She’s wearing a diaper b/c she’s on her period.  I was too busy texting Aaron to tell him to call me.  So of course the diaper had to be washed b/c she can’t sleep in the bed without it.  I asked Ross if I started it would he finish it by putting it in the dryer and back on her.  He was willing, but let her sleep with him b/c he thought she was bothering me.  Was a nice thought, but I guess I needed her.  So I ended up sleeping in a ball for part of the night and then around two am I got the heating pad and put it on my torso.  When I woke up this morning I had the pad on my side one cat behind me curled up between me and my leg pillow and the other cat in the crook of my knees.  Lots of body heat packed in the center of the bed, had to be a funny site if anyone bothered to take a picture. 

When I got out of bed I logged on and was able to check my emails and what not.  I decided not to mow the lawn today b/c Ross mentioned several times that he was going to do it.  Around eleven I decided it was time to get up and get ready and get moving.  The big problem was our house guest was still in the guest room, where I keep all my belongings still.  He usually wakes up around six, but since he stayed up late last night he’s slept in.  At 11:15 I knocked on the door, but no answer.  I tried to lie around but it just didn’t set with me.  So at 11:30 I knocked a little harder and he responded.  Went in and grabbed the clothes I needed.  When I went to get dressed I realized that I’d forgotten my panties, bra, and my coat which had my car keys in the pocket.  SO, I had to knock again and go back in. 

After getting dressed my roommate stirred and we chatted for a few moments in the kitchen.  Now the guest decides to get up.  I wonder if he’d gotten up at the same time without my rummaging or if my rummaging was what stirred them both?

Dressed and ready, I headed over to Costco to get my tires rotated.  After checking my car in I walked around and had a few samples.  My favorite was the chili with green chilies.  It was spicy and meaty and just a great food to eat on a day like today.  After walking all the around the building and eating all the samples available I decided it was time to sit and wait on the phone call.  Luckily for me it’s turning into the outdoor season (supposed to be anyways) and they had patio and lawn furniture out.  I went to the book section and pulled out a few items to glance at and sat down on the lawn swing.  The auto place finally called, TWO HOURS after checking in!  Darn, it took forever; guess that’s what happens when you have to wait on others to get up so I can get moving. 

Afterwards I went to Publix to see if they had any good deals.  Oddly enough I didn’t buy anything!  I found this box of grains I wanted to buy, but didn’t was to stand in line or break a bill for just three bucks, so I left.

From there I headed to Aldi’s.  Now here I had racked up.  They had pineapples for 1.00, bought four, strawberries for 1.00, bought two, cantaloupe for a 1.00, bought one, four lb oranges for 1.50, bought one bag, as well as a new sunflower bread, relish, tomatoes, and a cucumber, and a Cornish hen.  LOVE THAT PLACE!!!
Then I headed over to Kroger’s and first things first I picked up my script that I should have had over a month ago (maybe it’ll help me sleep tonight).  Then went to produce where they had asparagus on sale for 1.88 a lb..  Need-less-to-say I went a little overboard and bought four bunches which was a little over four lbs..  I also bought more Jazz apples for a 1.00 a lb., four tri colored bell peppers at four for 5.00, ground chuck that was on sale, some pimentos (to make pimentos and cheese to go with my sunflower bread), and more yogurts.

While I was out shopping I started craving granola and have been researching recipes online tonight trying to find some that are no/low fat that sound appealing.  It would be really nice if my connection would stay, but it’s being a big fat PITA!  As the connection failed I was emailing a girl about sending me a recipe for a quinoa granola, which I think will be amazing and better than just granola made from oats. 

Food wise today, I think I did alright.  For ‘brunch’ I had an apple.  I didn’t really eat a lunch; I ate some samples at the store.  For dinner I ate the rest of my ‘chili’ and more white corn chips.  For dessert I made a Chai tea, with milk and all.  It’s one of the first times I’ve used milk to make the tea this winter.  I’ve been using the nondairy cream for point safety, but felt like I could swing it today. 

I really want to get out the crock pot and make some homey food tomorrow b/c I know the weather is still going to be funky, but I also know that the next day will be grill weather again.  So I’m undecided as to whether or not I will eat the comfort homey food and don’t want it to go to waste. 

Maybe tomorrow I will actually read my book like I usually do.  It’s a really good book, way better than the last one.  Guess we’ll see.

Thanks for listening…

No comments:

Post a Comment