I scheduled myself for two PT appointments this week, one day right after the other. This time I’m going to soak up all the heat and stem I can get! (Last time I skipped out on it b/c I had to get to work by nine and didn’t want to be late, and my shoulders and neck felt it all weekend long up until this morning.)
So the WN works right now and I just read the newest update about a little man who I’ve been following the last few months through blogging. I don’t know him personally but the story touched my heart b/c of my field of work. I read about the sadness they experienced over the last week yesterday and had a challenging time reading it. I couldn’t imagine what the family’s going through. I wish and hope that life for them returns to manageable and all the positive thoughts and vibes I can send their way will pass through to them.
Back to my day, I’m even more thankful for all the moments I get to have with the wonderful children I see daily. I know that I’m unsure if I want my own and I question whether or not I want to remain in this field, but after reading about their story my appreciation for the everyday challenges and triumphs we experience gave me new hope.
The kids were great today. We had fun matching, pasting, stacking, and playing. My CT talked to our Director about the AD’s email and messages, she didn’t have a clue about the request! Which is shocking and tacky! Our Director said that she understands and we don’t have to change our books and what not, which is definitely a positive. While my CT was tube feeding her little one it mad a huge mess and we both went on lunch late, which kind of put our afternoon schedule off a tad, but not so much as to ruin anything. As I was trying to go potty and get back to class so I could talk to a parent one of the other parents stopped me and we talked for twenty minutes. Usually not a big deal, but it’s always the same parent, I really needed to go potty, and I missed getting to talk to “my” parent and she’s not sure if they are coming to school on Thursday. I got my notes done and got to play with the babies.
The AT in the baby room came back this week from her pregnancy leave and I’m sure I’ll post about her at some point b/c I’ve got mixed feelings about “it”. That’s the whole point of this blog; right, to express my inner most secret feelings, ideas, and opinions, without fear for reprimand!?! I know I’ll probably have to give backup info/details about why I feel the way I do, but I’ll cross the bridge when I get there.
After I left the baby room I got to play with toddlers. This was probably one of the best part of my day (3:30 to 5:00). There’s a kid in there that’s a titty baby and both of his teachers enable him something awful! Today he greeted me with a huge smile and talking! Not only did he give me a great greeting but he actually loved on me and played with me one on one for several minutes! It was also precious while playing with em’ during snack time. We gave the kids golden grahams and three of the seven continued to ask me for my apple. I’d gamble that if their parents put apples in their lunches they would barely touch em’.
On the way home my friend (hello) informed that her DH likes us and that he’s okay with getting together again to socialize. Super exciting b/c I LOVE the idea of doing double dating and group gatherings. He’s also supposed to look into us setting up some hiking trips which I think will be lots of fun.
I talked to the girl who’s hosting GN Mexican tomorrow and she’s informed me that there may be two of the girls from the “triad” there tomorrow night. If so it’s going to be interesting. It’ll be the first time I’ve been around the tip of the triangle since summer of 09’ and I haven’t been around the other girl in such a small group. Let’s hope the strong-you-can’t-taste-the-good-stuff margaritas don’t assist me in putting my foot in my mouth.
I did better eating more healthy items today than yesterday. I ate my new PB on an English muffin with some preserves. I was shocked that I didn’t use the whole 2 tbsp, but I guess it’s b/c it was on something small versus bread. I ate way less pieces of candy, a small brownie, 3 servings of fruits and veggies, and one cookie. For dinner I had my protein, a little bit of carby starches, and lots of veggies. My DH is eating those tasty addictive goldfish and I’m jealous. I really want some chocolate drink/cookies. Tomorrow I plan on eating really well during the day so that at night I can eat like it’s 1999!
Hopefully I’m going to find out what Wordless Wednesday is about this evening.
Thanks for being there…
No comments:
Post a Comment