Saturday, March 19, 2011

day 6

So I had a great day with my DH and dad.  Woke up first, which is really unusual.  My dad usually wakes up first by about half an hour or so, but he actually stayed up last night and watched the whole movie that I passed out watching. 

So we sat around and chatted till 10 and then woke Aaron up.  We went shopping for a recliner for dad.  We went to four stores (I think) total.  Dad found one he liked at the first place and he ended up buying that one in the end.  However he didn’t get to take it home today so Aaron is the lucky person that gets to take it to him midweek this upcoming week.  And I’m not being at all sarcastic.  He’s really excited because that means he also gets to go fishing and help dad put on his new trolling motor.

We at lunch at Ryan’s and I tried to be a bit healthy.  I had a large salad and three bite samples of all sorts of other goodies.  I was bad with the desserts of course.  Oh well!

Next we went to Lowe’s and looked at all the spring plants and what not while I fantasized about all the things I want.  We also picked out the tile and coordinating paint color for the second bathroom Aaron has been working on.  We ended up choosing a greenish tan khaki like color.  This makes me happy b/c I wanted a green originally and he wanted a rusty color.  We also bought a new push lawn mower that was on sale and should be easy enough for me to use. 

Then we went to Wal Mart and picked up a few necessities.  I found a chap stick that is a sunblock with a yummy flavor (I hope) to use this fishing and swimming season.  I hope it works.  While we were in there I started feeling awful. 

Back at home I took some medicine and everyone took a fiesta.  Then we got up and went to Famous Dave’s.  Dad insisted we order this behemoth sampler platter with a full slab of ribs, a whole chicken, half a pound of brisket, four half corns, four corn muffins, fries, baked beans, and slaw and then we ordered an extra side of mac and cheese and potato salad.  I’m glad to say that we didn’t eat it all.  There were four ribs left and almost all the chicken and sides.  Dad also ordered an extra thing of brisket since he and Aaron like it so much.  Needless to say the scale wasn’t too friendly with me.    

This time at home we all stayed up together and watched a movie.  Looking forward to tomorrow.

Thanks for the time…

No comments:

Post a Comment