Well I don’t seem to be doing all that great with recording my entries on a regular basis. I skipped Tuesday. I’m not a hundred percent sure why, just did. Then I didn’t bother to take the time to post a simple picture yesterday. Also I’m ridiculously behind on viewing all my subscribed blogs.
So let’s remember today shall we? Started the morning off with mango and vanilla carbmaster for bfast while reading and petting Izzie. For lunch I packed a soup from these guys and some fruits (no veggies since there should be some in the soup).
I managed to get to school ten minutes earlier than usual. I finally found someone to sell my second ticket to Christmas Village to only to find out that when printed it’s only one paper voucher and that the two people must enter the gates together! So for the next thirty minutes or so I searched for a person who wanted to meet at the gates on my time but want to shop separately. Luckily enough the AD at the school said she was interested. I know weird, huh?!?! It’s not like we will actually be shopping together, but she is one of the few people I know that love things I love and is an early bird (come to think about it we have so many similarities that those may some of the reasons we’ve clashed in the past).
The day went well enough. We were down two kids: one couldn’t come b/c of her tube feeding machine (that’s what Tuesday’s entry would have been about – the machine/bag was/is busted and required me (and my helper) to hold the stupid button down for a whole hour! Not appropriate or feasible for working! The other kid hasn’t really even started yet, she was waiting to start today, but has/had a temperature so she didn’t. The little guy who I’d like to call ‘thickness-with-snowball-squishy-head’ was extremely obstinate and refused to obey any one’s statements upon the first request!
The AD allowed me to get out and do paperwork from 3:15 to 4:00. You ask why I was able to get out at that time? The person who I usually relieve during that time was/is off on vacation so I was technically free to be used and asked if I could use the time since mine was cut on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday morning as well as all of it taken on Wednesday afternoon! I didn’t get all that much done (the ED came and chatted with me about the news of the AD being ‘let go’). At 4:00 I went in and played with the Giraffes.
After work I stopped by the IL to pick up the flea market friendly shopping cart to take with me to the Village on Saturday. FIL made an apple pie from the Arkansas Blacks with a little bit of Southern Comfort in the mix. After sampling a few bites he added a slice of cheese on top, which of course I had to try. It was neat. I’d definitely try it again (especially since I just found a recipe about shredded cheddar being in the crust). I also checked online to see if here were any Ross’s and B.B.&B. close together, and the one I could think of is the only one (out in Hermitage). So hopefully I’ll finish early enough at the village to go to these places.
At home I ate an apple and chatted with dad about how to roast again. I always forget (considering I’ve only done it once). However this time I wrote it down and stuck it in a cook book. I’m planning/wanting/fully intend to make the duck we bought at Aldi’s this past week when it was on sale.
For dinner I had the butternut squash, thanks to Aldi’s again, seasoned with a sprinkle of curry seasonings and the scrapings from hubby’s chili can. I liked the additions!
While eating we continued to watch our newest TV on DVD that we started last night. I actually remember the fourth episode from season 1!
High for today: no kids tomorrow – we have an inservice instead.
Merci, have a good one…
No comments:
Post a Comment