Saturday, November 5, 2011

more shopping

Today was one of the longest days EVER!!!

I only got about six hours of sleep since I didn’t home till late last night. 

I started my day at Costco, dropping off my car to get the tires rotated.  From there I walked over to the shopping center.  I went into all the stores, except the ones past Ross’s.  I traded my size eight boots for a half a size smaller and returned the brown boots some people think are black.  I also bought this neat ‘as seen on TV’ fashion ‘toy’.  I bought one for me and one for mom.  I also bought mom a pants extender button. 

Once I got back to Costco I walked around and tried their samples.  I called mom while I was there and something was really wrong with her but she wouldn’t tell me.  She sounded like she had been crying.  At first I thought David had left her, but towards the end of the conversation I thought it had more to do with her job.  I only bought a few items while there: breath right strips, a couple of Misto’s, some fruit, and a five lb container of Danish butter cookies for David for Christmas. 

Next up a visit to Wal Mart.  I spent more time in there than I wanted.  I went through their Halloween stuff and picked up a few items; shirts, candy, cookie cutters, a costume,  - I think that’s it.  I also picked up the dog food (main reason I was there) and some bananas. 

While I was out Allison called to tell me about the Santa suits at Essex, so I went there afterwards.  They weren’t really suits.  It was bottoms with a hat attached, not literally, but they just came together.  I also dug through a bin and picked out some Halloween and fall colored earrings – nine for fifteen cents! as well as another twelve cans of expensive pedigree dog food for Izzie. 

I called my IL’s on the way home, but they were napping.  When I got home I started to get my bottles (forgot to mention that I put sixteen or so bottles in the tub and soaked them all day) and peel them.  As I was sticking my hand in the water my FIL called and invited me to dinner: a burger from Mo’s.  Carolyn and I ate dinner and watched movies.  After we finished eating she helped me peel my bottles.  We also ate some ice cream and then coffee a bit later. 
            We watched Maid in Manhattan and Love Actually; which she had never seen either! 

It’s close to twelve and I’m exhausted and pretty cold (the quilt is in the dryer and I’m hoping it’s dry – I put it in when I got home close to five).

My high today: ?... bottles cleaned; one step to being complete with x-mas gifts.

Hope your Saturday was good, thanks…

No comments:

Post a Comment