Someone please help me! It's Black Friday and def. one of the WORST FRIDAY's in a while.
I did join the masses and participated in shopping in the wee hours. I went to Sears, which opened at four (am) and bought a shop vac for dad. Then we (my cousin Tommy) went to Freds where I got a dvd player for mom, a scarf set for Chloe, and a generic ipad for Tommy. Next up was Wal Mart (I did not do the crazy midnight shopping). I spent 250.00!!!! All on movies/dvd's! I got lots of seasons (True Blood, Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, and SG Atlantis) and several movies. Oh and some zombie thing for Aaron.
Home was easy, I just played on the net.
We decided to go to McKenzie so mom could look at tables and I discovered that gdaddy is one of the MOST stubborn man alive that I've met. He was driving. I was using my GPS and it told us to turn left out of the drive (which I told him to do) but then extremely soon afterwards it said make a legal u-turn asap. I told him and then told him I was looking at the atlas and it says we were going the wrong way too. I tried to get him to turn around at least in seven spaces but he refused to take my word on it. He had to call David and ask! Well then we all had a good ol' time picking on one another.
Shopping wasn't that awful. Mom wants a new dining room table and end tables. However she is going to spend way too much on them. I tried to tell her she should look online or in N'ville, but she refuses b/c the lady is nice and she wants to buy from her and supposedly they don't charge shipping.
Once again in the car gdaddy and I butted heads about directions. He asked me which way to go and I didn't know. I didn't have the GPS on nor was I paying attention to where we were or which way he had gone! (Now that I"m typing this I wonder what his astrological sign is, I totally bet it's a Leo!, maybe a Virgo - but that meas we should get along really well.)
On the way home we all had a wonderful discussion about servers and whether or not they deserve tips and they should all be paid minimum wage! IMO if a server gets minimum wage they wouldn't bust their ass to get you refills or to keep you happy (I know I wouldn't, the only reason to be the best is to get more $) and you better damn well enjoy and savor that glass of rootbeer b/c it's the only one I'm gonna get ya. My cousin said some arrogant statement about how they would get him his refills or he'd go get it himself in the kitchen! Then he said he won't ever tip a server when he gets older and goes out to eat. Then I, probably taking it too far, said he'd never have a girlfriend (I really wanted to say at least a self respecting girl). Then we somehow digressed to steak and steakhouses and Ponderosa and Cracker Barrel.
I really think gdaddy either doesn't think I have a clue as to what I'm talking about or he enjoys not listening to me. When we got back in to Paris I said he should turn at the next road and he just kept on driving! He finally listened and we went to Wal Mart. Yes I know, you're probably thinking 'why on earth are you going back?". Well my wonderfully spoiled over indulged family member decided to take his purchase back (even though I suggested he wait to have an adult take a look at it to see whether or not it worked). That got us into a wonderful, semi heated conversation about returning things and money transactions and what not. He thought that the store would refuse to give the money back and make us buy stuff at the same price (b/c supposedly they do that to him all the time!). I really think he just wanted the money.
On the way home I tried to quietly talk to mom about ice cream (my tummy was upset, so upset that grilled cheese sandwiches made it turn funny!). She didn't get the subtle hint about keeping on the DL and gdaddy heard. We had to stop at the store for bread and he was kind enough to get two half gallons of ice cream (caramel and banana split - I ate the first, just a wee bit).
Back at the house mom decided to make chili (this was the third mind change about dinner in the last twenty four hours mainly to please previously mentioned special family member b/c he hadn't eaten anything in the last twenty four hours other than a roll and a huge bowl of ice cream). She asked him if he liked it spicy or not and he didn't care. Good thing I heard her b/c if she'd added the spice I'd bet an appendage that he would've said something and gone without eating again. Supposedly chili is his favorite meal and thats why mom changed her mind again. The chili was pretty yummy, it kind of tasted like sloppy joe.
At this point I chatted with my wonderful hubby and he made me feel so much better and calm. I'm thankful for him and hope he knows how much.
After our phone call I went into the living room and we watched 27 Dresses, at least tried to. We made it fifteen minutes to the end and David came home. Sometimes I really think he can't do things for himself. I tried to get mom to stay/come back and finish but she had to fix the chili for him and then they talked about the furniture. She missed the ending and didn't even bother to ask how it ended.
After the movie ended she came back in and we all had to talk about the end tables and I lost my cool once again b/c everyone had to talk over everyone else and wouldn't stop interrupting (which they do a lot of) one another and listen to what I was trying to tell them. I feel bad afterwards b/c mom sometimes seems really sensitive and gets upset. I don't mean to upset her or lose my cool I just wish the family was more polite.
It's ten thirty and I've been desiring, longing, needing a glass of wonderful red, but have been waiting for someone to go to bed. I don't understand why on earth he's still awake. Last night he went to bed around eight or so! I actually feel kind of light headed, lack of sleep and bad food and frustration; so I'm sure I don't need the red.
Honestly don't know if I have a true high for today. I really enjoyed my cuddle time with mom for part of the movie.
Thanks for letting me take all this time to ramble...
No comments:
Post a Comment