Saturday, November 19, 2011

the upside

Well Izzie is okay, thankfully.  When I first woke up her legs weren’t that bad and I thought I’d get away without having to take her, but while is showered she decided to stand outside the door.  I noticed her right leg tremor a little and when I got out it was swelling again, so off to the vet we went. 

I should have had an appointment, guess that’s what I get for listening to the hubby.  I got there around eight thirty and they scheduled me for nine twenty.  I couldn’t sit in the parking lot: one it was full and there wasn’t room for other people to park and two b/c I really didn’t want strangers to see me crying (so if I was busy I wouldn’t cry b/c I’d be distracted). 

To pass the time I stopped at Kroger and picked up some tangerines, yogurt, and something wonderful: pumpkin spice powdered creamer!!!!  I wish it would have been the store brand, but they didn’t have any.  So I spent the little bit extra and got the name brand.  Then I popped into Aldi’s for my berries and veggies.

The vet went better than I thought it would.  They did some blood work and the results should come back in on Monday.  The outcome was to up her meds and put them on a more strict regime, a low sodium diet, and rest with elevation if possible with w a few minute walk every so often. 

Afterwards we came home and I tried to get her to lay in bed with me, but she just wanted to la on the floor next to the bed.  I told hubby bout the low sodium diet and he did a bit of net research and found out she can have oatmeal, pumpkin, peas, ground chicken/turkey/and low fat beef, brown rice, and peas (that’s all I can remember and he’s sending me the rest via email). 

Other than that we jus lay around all day into the evening watching Seinfeld. 

For dinner I ate the rest of my Mongolian BBQ and for dessert I had some pumpkin dump cake left over from yesterday.

High today: Izzie being better than I thought.

I appreciate you checking in on our doctor visit….

No comments:

Post a Comment