Tuesday, November 15, 2011

new kids first day

First things first, I’m having to put my phone on the charger here in a minute.  I know you’re wondering why on earth I mention this, but I really want to remember how often I have to put it on.  I sometimes feel like (Aaron’s favorite saying of mine) the battery dies way too quickly. 

Now on to my day.  I finally ate the W yogurt for bfast with a banana.  I’ve been avoiding it b/c I wanted to save it for a dessert treat instead, but all I had left was that or vanilla chai and I didn’t want that this morning.  Since I didn’t make/pack/prep my lunch last night I had to do it this morning.  I packed fruits, veggies, and my miso soup I picked up on Sunday. 

I left the house early so I could actually play on the net on purpose.  The net though is being really strange.  I’ve looked at the same entries the last several days, but for some reason goole reader isn’t recognizing it and I’m reading them over and over again. 

Before the kids arrived I finished the AD art project so our kids could do their turkey handprints.  What a pain.  I had to retype all the info so the font would match and say the right thing. 

The day was super easy.  We only had five of the eight kids.  Three of them were sick.  We had our new friends tart today and she did amazing!  She still made me really nervous b/c of her diagnosis, but she knew to be strong and grab tight when needed.  The only time she cried was when she got woke up from nap and didn’t really want to go back to bed.  I tried several techniques to calm her; the only thing that work was rocking her bottom. 

After the day was over I got to play with the babies.  One of the little guys who is unusually fussy and I thought wouldn’t do so well developmentally is sitting up by himself!  He’s six months old!  The other little guy who is the same age is too squishy to do it and just kind of slumps over so I spent the majority of the time having him work on neck and core strength.

After playing with the babies I headed towards the Giraffes.  On the way to the gym to meet up with them the AT in the monkey’s room stopped me and asked me a tech/computer/document question.  Surprise surprise I was able to help her!  I also taught her how to insert a document from her jump drive to send in an email (she had been saving files on her desktop and emailing that way).  Then I played with the kids in the Giraffes while the AT in that room went and did paperwork.  The last hour was easy enough. 

Hubby wasn’t home when I arrived which threw me off just a bit, but we worked past it.  I put the dishes away and made/prepped lunch for tomorrow: pineapple, black berries, apple, pear, chicken and chickpea soup. 

For dinner I sautéed cabbage, apples, and onion.  Then tossed it with balsamic vinaigrette, honey, and chili pepper.  It was good.  I thought about adding duck to it, but opted for a half glass of wine.  I think the mixture would be really good with pork. 

I also want to get down that I think I had a great realization on the way to work this morning.  I think subconsciously I haven’t allowed myself to want babies/children b/c deep down I know that I’m not going to be able or at least have lots of trouble conceiving on my own and I don’t want to put myself through that emotion turmoil.  I think that people who have it ‘easy’ are the ones who think *we’ll have them if it’s in the cards* and the people who really really want them have to work at it so to speak.  Does that make any sense?  Please if you read this let me know! 

High for today: newbie’s smooth transition.

Glad you stopped by and hopefully will comment…

No comments:

Post a Comment