Well today was a pretty decent day. I slept in our bed by myself (so Aaron could have some quality time with Izzie) and had a solid night’s sleep! It’s the first in a really really long time. I didn’t necessarily have bad nights this weekend, but they weren’t solid ones.
While eating bfast (cherry vanilla yogurt w a banana) I balanced my checkbook and paid a couple of bills. I discovered that the bank says I have less money than I do. It’s strange, this is the first time I’ve had more than them in several months, maybe a year even! I also realized that we were charged three bucks extra by the gas department this month! I meant to call them today. We haven’t turned our heat on yet so I don’t know why it’s extra? Do you have ne idea?
When I got ready I used the new leave-in conditioner treatment again. I think I might like it. After blow drying my hair though it feels really thick, almost as if it’s kind of dirty. I’m trying to figure out how to put it in my hair so it’s more easily spread out.
Even though I was a bit rushed making/packing lunch and what not I still made it to work a little early, with the rain and backed up traffic and all!
The first thing I did at ‘the office’ was print November and October’s purchases off the banks website. I tried to put recycled paper into the printer but for some strange reason the machine didn’t use that try, it used the try with fresh paper. That’s what I get for trying to intentionally trying to ‘save the world’ with my re-using, huh?!?!
The day was easy enough again. The kid with all the tube feeding problems was absent again today. She and her family went out of town for the Holiday . I don’t know why, but I’m secretly (not so much since I’m letting you know) glad she hasn’t been here in several days. It’s kind of a high attendance ‘case’/family/needs. I love the mom, but not everything we’ve got to figure out!
My CT and threw our December’s LP together pretty quickly today. I think we filled all of it in except for about four spaces? I’m excited, at the end of the month we are going to make ‘gingerbread’ houses using milk cartons painted brown and decorate them with the regular candy pieces AND invite the families to join us for decorating and eating cookies!
The only rough part of the day was trying to make sure all our “thankful” gifts were done by the kids so they could go home today before the Holiday )it is Tuesday and these kids won’t be here on Thursday, obviously).
At the end of our day I got to play with the babies as usual. At four, my scheduled time to go to the Giraffes, I was fortunate enough to stay in the babies. The Giraffes only had six kids. I usually don’t mind going in there, however one of their kids has lice! The kid with the lice actually was sent home, but I still didn’t want to go into the room! Would you? Especially since I don’t know all that much about lice. I’ve been told that it/they gravitate to clean hair, black people don’t get it, and if you’re hair is nice and dirty then they can’t ‘grip’ on and hang around) ha, I’m trying to joke about it can you tell).
The hubby took out ground venison for dinner. He browned it to make Mexican. He ate burritos and I made a Mexican inspired chili/soup. I’m counting it as 9PPs, 7 for the venison and 2 for the salsa/beans/cheese. It would have been even better with sour cream and possible some torn tortillas. Aaron thinks it’s more like a chili since it wasn’t too watery. To make it more soup-y it would need more broth/liquid. I liked it though and enjoyed it with the merlot I bought last time at the store.
High for me today, wait I forgot to tell you that my new friend Allison texted me and asked for an impromptu drink/dinner night, but I couldn’t. I’m glad to see I can still make a friend, that’s a whole other IMO post I could write. Back to my high: a good day at school all around.
Thank you for reading this long ass entry…
No comments:
Post a Comment