Today was much better than yesterday. I woke up nice and early to Mike/Sparky’s crazy ass alarm. It was a real alarm, like a car alarm on his phone. I left mom’s by eight and called dad. He asked me to stop by and pick up some donuts. I did. I got some apple fritters, bear claws, long johns, éclairs, and butter rolls. (I really wish that N’ville had an amazing place like this.) I also stopped by Wal Mart to get some movies and a few ham steaks for bfast/brunch/lunch tomorrow.
Once I got to dads we sat and drank some coffee and ate our hot fresh baked donuts. I also helped prep some items for our Thanksgiving meal. I stuffed the olives and used the icing bag which was a PITA to begin with but got easier as time passed and I got into a groove.
The meal was turkey, dressing, scalloped pots, corn (which I learned the secret: half roll of frozen cream half a can or maybe a whole can of kernel with butter, sugar, and s&p), green beans, rolls, deviled eggs, and olives. For dessert we had chocolate pie. Uncle Mike really f’d up the crust. He said it was b/c he put in two eggs. The crust was so hard I couldn’t cut it using a sawing motion with the knife. I had to break it apart. It tasted yummy but was def. hard to physically eat.
We ate around four. The day went by way too quickly! I wish I had more time to spend with em’.
My high: daddy time!
I hope you had a nice thanksgiving weekend too….
No comments:
Post a Comment