Wow long time no blog, huh?!? Well techinacally its not blogging is it? Really just more of an online journal/diary.
That’s off topic anyhow. Are you curious as to why it’s been a week? I don’t remember what happened last Tuesday, nor do I remember if I posted a WW for last Wednesday. So let me tell you bout what I remember about Thursday shall I?
Thursday
The day wasn’t wonderfully fabulous I guess. However that night I went with my friend to Sugar Rush and ate all you could imagine in our desires of sweets and candies and cake and all other goodies. One word: DEEE-LISH!! The two most shocking: Donut Den gave out whole donuts! And I actually liked Gi Gi’s! I was really looking forward to Ivey’s, but it wasn’t as tasty. I think I liked it b/c it was a mini cupcake instead of a whole cupcake with a sheet cake’s worth of icing. Colts Bolts was there with samples of their cakes!
Friday
I shopped in the morning. After noonish or so we headed off to our mini anniversary vacation. We stopped at the winery in Manchester and only bought a couple bottles. Then we stopped in Monteagle and the heifer closed thirty minutes early! I was ticked!!!! We were out in the parking lot checking my car. When we pulled in the open sign was on and when we were finished the light was off and it was locked up! So we headed on. We also stopped at Ocoee Winery and it was tasty!!! We bought a case! Aaron actually enjoyed some of the drier wines! I was tickled, shocked, impressed, and glad all at the same time. We got a little lost, not really though. We went the way the GPS told us b/c I didn’t understand all of his directions and we stopped at the winery. We turned around a mile before the B&B and went all the way back down the road (over five miles). Then called the man and found out where it was. After checking in we went back to Mickey D’s (it was too late for a little town to still have restaurants open).
Saturday
Woke up on time and headed to the main house for bfast: starter-a fruit (kiwi and oranges) and quiche (two minis) plate! The quiches had rosemary sprinkled on them! I like the new twist and hope to remember it. The main meal: oven backed French toast (out of a loaf of fancy French bread) with bacon and an oven baked pear. TASTY!!!! Not to self --- try this! After bfast we did a mini tour: looked at the birds and goats. Then we went to the zip tour. It was fun! I was worried that it would be a bust since the lines were off all man-made jumps. However the tour guide guys made it more fun with their ‘tricks’. They had us jump off differently, taught us flips, and convinced us to turn upside down! I actually did it. I turned up down twice. The last line, seventh, was a double zip; so Aaron and I went together and we both hung upside down the whole way. After we finished we stopped at some po-dunked restaurant. Aaron had Salisbury steak with mashed pot’s, green beans, and mac and cheese. I ate sweet potato casserole and a side salad. My potatoes hit the spot. His pot’s and beans were super yummy. The mac and cheese was cold and his ‘steak’ tasted like something out of a TV dinner. Then we went to Striker’s and it was very negative. I wouldn’t recommend any one going to that place! The man was very unwelcoming and spent the first few minutes on the phone. Next we went to Savannah Oaks and it was a ‘hit’, at least for us. We bought another case. After that we took a drive through the park and took some artsy photo’s. Since it wasn’t dinner time and we weren’t hungry we headed back to the room for a bit. We just lay there and read together. For dinner we went to a local (in East TN I guess) place and both had the gyro wraps. They were tasty. They were served with pepperocini peppers and I really liked the addition. When we were done eating we went to our room, had some wine, and went to bed.
Sunday
We both actually slept till eight (ish). Jumping to the good part: we went to the main house and ate another tasty bfast. First course was a wonderful apple crisp like dish in a cute goblet thingy with fresh baked banana nut bread. Main course – an omelet (to our taste) with bacon and more fresh baked bread (banana nut and home made cinnamon raisin). Afterwards we took a tour of the farm and played and fed all the animals (2 camels, 1 horse, 6-8 llamas, a dozen or so donkeys (standard and minis), geese, cats, dogs, birds (fancy birds not the stuff we see flying around), goats, and a peacock). Then we checked out and headed home. On the way back we stopped at Monteagle again. The lady there was the heifer mentioned earlier. I wasn’t impressed. Hubby bought the blackberry for his mom. I only want to go back to try their seasonal wine, but not important. Once we were back, well sort of, at least closer to home, we stopped in M’boro at the OTP and I bought lots of stuff. Then we stopped at the store and got a take-and-bake pizza. We ate at his parents while I checked my bank account and he watched TV.
Monday
OUR ANNIVERSARY!!!! It’s been two years. It’s weird to think about it and put it down. I started the day letting him sleep and going to the store trying to complete my boot shopping and find him an anniversary gift. Hubby woke up around 10:30 or so and I went home to get him and we shopped together. We spent the day trying to find him a work jacket and me some boots. I found another pair of brown ones and I think I’ve decided to keep both brown pairs. That leaves me with five pairs total (one black dress up, one brown dress up, one black everyday, and two brown (one light one dark) everyday). The price value is 125.00. For dinner we used one of my Groupons and ate a Cajun place in Gallatin . It was tasty too! Nice and spicy! They served beignets at the beginning of dinner. With dinner they served fried garlic rolls! O-M-G, it seems like a long time since I’ve enjoyed fried tasty bread. I ordered grilled shrimp with all sautéed veggies (instead of a starch). I should have read the description better. The shrimp had lots of spice too! I was hoping for just some straight grilled shrimps. Hubby ordered the ‘sampler’ dinner platter: jambalaya, gumbo, and red beans and rice. The jambalaya was wonderful! I actually ate a few bites of it. I wanted to order dessert, white chocolate bread pudding, but they had free dessert like rolls on the buffet! The same rolls, sans garlic, and filled with a squirt of caramel sprinkled with powder sugar. When we got home we settled in, traded gifts, and had a glass of wine in our anniversary flutes (thanks Mama Jones). Aaron did so good with his gifts. He framed several pictures in three different frames and gave me three aprons. He’s okay with me returning two of them (twenty bucks a piece and they were white/cream). The third was a canvas like material in lime green! I sucked a big fat one! I really wanted to get him this shirt but couldn’t fathom spending 80.00 on a t-shirt alone. He said he was okay with his gifts (work socks and life time guaranteed ones from Bass Pro) and wouldn’t have wanted the expensive one.
Today
Nothing much of note. I started my semi new regime of vitamins. I cheated at school and ate a mini pack of peanut m&m’s, one fun sized snickers, and a handful of goldfish. I was aggravated that my CT had a big fat mess on the counter from yesterday and wouldn’t/couldn’t clean it up. It was irritating: coming back from vacation and having to clean up after her knowing that she is going on a vacation and won’t clean up before she leaves! Before coming home I stopped at Ross’s to see if my brown/black boots were there in a bigger size. They weren’t. However they did have three new pairs, two brown and one black. I kind of liked the black and one pair of the browns, but they were both more expensive than the pairs I already have so I left em’ there. At home I chatted with dad and then mom (she sent us an adorable anniversary card with a GC to eat out). Afterwards I prepped lunch and did the dishes. For dinner I finished off my soup from Aldi’s and had a glass of wine. For dessert I ate one of Aaron’s bday cupcakes.
Now we are watching episode four on this disc of Dexter and will go to bed when it’s over. Sorry to leave you guys with so much to get through in one day.
High today: talking with mom.
Thanks for reading about my weekend and hanging in there with me…
No comments:
Post a Comment