Well today wasn’t that easy, but it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as other Thursdays have been.
I started it w banana bread oatmeal. TASTY!!!
The new guy had lots of one on one attention today: Five minutes w me, service w the SLP, two minutes w my CT, service w the OT, then lunch for about ten minutes w me. Next nap and when he got up, technically after nap was over really, played w the PT. He really aggravated the OT and my CT today, but didn’t get to me as bad. Strange isn’t it.
For lunch I enjoyed the other half of my can of chili from Tuesday. Today I splashed in some sirachi and it was the perfect accompaniment. A sweet and spicy combo. I snacked on a couple of Pringles and a few Cheez-its.
While in the baby room today I think I finally realized that the two teachers are really rude and secluded. They aren’t as open and friendly to me, or other outsiders, as they are to one another. However they are a bit nicer when it’s just one of them and an outsider. Kind of strange. I asked my CT if she’d ever noticed and she thought it was just their connection and has noticed it w others. I guess I just think that since I’m in there so often they’d be nicer and include me more.
I had to go to a classroom at four instead of work on paperwork like I wanted since the infant AT was out. That gets me on a whole ‘nother rant and I really don’t want to do it again.
For dinner I reheated my left over venison ke-bobs w veggies, yummy.
Also I got two amazing emails today: one for the Iron Fork and one called Cupcake Palooza. I think Lindsay and I are going to have girl dates to go together! I’m so excited. I really hope that IF has discounted tickets, but I doubt it b/c it’s kind of similar to Soup Sunday and that doesn’t ever have discounted tickets.
I’m a bit embarrassed by my actions today and need to let you know. I said out loud to my CT that I know it’s petty and shameful of me, but I’m glad that it’s raining on the AT’s day off when I was denied. I don’t remember if I mentioned this or not but the only reason she wanted off was to spend the day w her parents, who are visiting from Canada (I think). I know it’s a long distance to travel and that’s probably why she got off, however I don’t think they should matter. Family is family and should all be treated the same, unless it’s fatal.
The best part of the day today was watching my guy w Autism interact w the SLP.
Thanks for reading this short nonsense post…
No comments:
Post a Comment