Today was a bit rougher than I thought it would be, but ended on wonderfully fabulous note!
I didn’t pack my bag last night for this weekend so I sat my alarm a half hour earlier than usual in order to have enough time to take care of everything. In case you’re wondering that’s 5:00. I wok up around 3:30 again, but went straight back to sleep. I really wonder what it is about my body that is stirring at the same hour every morning?
NE who….. for bfast today I tried a new carbmaster yogurt: banana cream pie. OMG it was wonderful!! It made me want banana pudding something awful. Can you consider banana pudding bfast? I mean its gots fruit, milk, and eggs. Or am I just stretching like those ‘eat-cake-for-bfast-people’? To round out the meal I had a bowl of cantaloupe and strawberries. Since I finished my book last night I picked up Inkspell where I left off. It was so easy to jump back into.
Aaron woke up and left the house before I finished bfast and kind of made the last few bites of yogurt less indulgent for me, thanks hun. I know it’s only b/c of how I was feeling yesterday, but I took it a little bit hard. We think the oil in my car might be leaking, by we I mean him and my uncle Mike. I checked it earlier this week and put a quart of oil in it. Well Aaron had off on Wednesday and I suggested he swing by the store and pick up some b/c I know I won’t do it in the week. I really don’t go to the store unless its absolutely necessary. Well anyways he decided to let me know that he thought I should get a quart in the car before heading to Paris . It started out nice, but basically ended with him telling me that I needed to do it b/c it wasn’t a good idea. Well fast forward a bit and when I got to school I checked the level of oil and I’m pretty sure that it filled it to the max level. I checked and rechecked several times. The first few times I didn’t put the dipstick in all the way and it said to add some, however when I dipped it all the way down it said it was fine. I didn’t think to check it when I got here!
Back to the day at hand, I finished bfast kind of earlier than I thought I would and took a ten minute rest before getting up and doing the business. I think I packed quicker this morning than I ever have before. Not for any reason really, just tossed in a few necessary items. After getting everything together for the day/weekend I headed out of the house right on time to be to work at 7:30.
I had a few minutes to check a few emails and had to go to class. I was of course in the Rascals room, the eldest kids. The first bit of time wasn’t that bad at all: snack, playing, and dancing. Sitting down for the main circle time was a bit aggravating as well as the 10:30 one. The 3 Musketeers would not listen the first time and I snapped. Literally. The DR heard me and came in to see if I needed any help. She helped a little bit and gave the kids ‘sad (really angry, but we can’t tell the kids that we are mad at them) eyes’. It’s the first time I’ve ever seen her use a ‘mean face’. I had to hide behind the piece of paper I was holding to keep the kids from seeing me laugh. I had a lot of fun working on the kids writing what made them grateful. Oh yeah, gotta tell you this: one kid said he was grateful for his home so that he didn’t have to live in the woods and another kid said he was grateful for god b/c he built us. Too amazing, esp. the second b/c that is not his personality at all (it’s the OT’s kid). Getting ready to go outside was a bit rough too. Puff, guy w ODD, refused to take the board he was given and it made us getting outside take longer.
We didn’t get to stay out there long. I called the DR to ask a question about the schedule and she told me I needed to come in w the kids. Oh yeah, since we were closing early for the tornados coming through she spent her time calling the parents of these kids; which means that I didn’t get to leave the room at 11:30 to do paperwork like I was scheduled. She came in the room a little after noon and we sat and talked for a couple of minutes. Basically I started an hour later than scheduled. All I completed was DN’s and entering them as well as contact logs.
We did close early b/c of he storms coming through. I left about five minutes till and dropped my book off @ the library. I need to check next week to see if I got a late charge or not. I scooted in under the storm here at home, Paris, dad’s home. The only ‘bad weather’ I ran into was a little bit of rain right before getting off the Paris exit and of course the high winds. I kept seeing dark clouds and lots of radio interrupts happened. I stopped at Wal Mart and picked up some super yummy yogurt: Yoplait’s Strawberry Shortcake. I was craving something creamy, ice cream again, and it hit the spot.
At dad’s we just were, it was so nice to be there in loving presences with such warm comforts. For dinner we had beef stroganoff, instead of pot roast and it was wonderful. Mike used a little bit of butter and lots of half and half for the sauce; which had carrots, mushrooms, and my cp caramelized onions.
One strange thing I noticed tonight is that Mike loves to talk. He hasn’t stopped since I got here!
Also the last bit I want to remember is that the AT in the baby room is off next Thursday. I only mention it b/c I asked off for Mon and Tue and was denied b/c the DR is going to be in Cali . So now the other teacher has off and the DR is off too. WTF, is she more special? Is her situation more special? I want to know why she got to have a day off while the DR is out but I didn’t? Someone please explain.
Best part about today of course is that I get to be here w my parents this weekend.
Hope you had a safe Friday…
No comments:
Post a Comment