Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cheddars

Well I’ll tell ya right now this is going to be a ridiculously short post.  I’m too excited to actually take the time reflect on the day.  I just got back from a wonderful dinner w the ladies from my first book club @ Cheddars out in Mt. Juliet (I had chicken tender w FF and a landslide cocktail which is basically a mudslide w lots and lots of melted ‘ice cream’).  You wonder y I’m so excited?  I haven’t mentioned it yet.  I FINALLY got my hands on Carrie’s Hunger Games series!!!!!  OH MEEEE GEEEEE I can’t wait to start reading the first one! 

Well let me get to the point and record the most basic parts of my day shall I?

Bfast was a large bowl of fruit salad: cantaloupe, pineapple, and strawberry.  Yes I omitted any carbs or protein b/c I knew I was eating out for dinner.

We started our day with three kids!  The fourth one showed up at 10:30, which was EXTREMELY AGGRAVATING!!!!  She always shows up late anyways but I was irked b/c she was there in time for circle time and lunch, which was with the SLP, nap, and a little bit of play time afterwards b/4 leaving.  So basically we were over priced babysitters.  My lgw/a (little guy w autism) had an awesome day.  He loved being spun in circles and laughed alllllll morning long!  After nap he worked on taking turns w the i-pad and finally got comfortable w turn taking at the very last turn only to have to be all done and eat snack.  He was not happy that I put it away.  Well his mom felt bad that we had/have to listen to his tears, but I’ve tried every way I can to reassure her that it doesn’t bother me; it’s a way to communicate. 

I had a fine time in the baby room.  The AT wasn’t here, her son was sick again so the LT wasn’t too terribly rude.  At ten till five the DR came in and asked if I could close the room down.  I couldn’t, since I had plans to have dinner w the ladies.  After a few minutes of talking and to keep this simple and short she was exceptionally rude and told me, her words, ‘I always have the reserved right to make you stay late and close’.  Oh man there’s not enough words to fully express the rage I felt at this comment!  IMO I’ve always, as well as Linds and Aaron, thought the DR/boss/manager was the one responsible for taking duties that couldn’t be covered by staff members, in this case closing, is it not?  Which basically means that if I couldn’t stay she has to right?  Regardless of her need to leave so quickly for some reason.  My friend pointed out that if I had kids I wouldn’t have even been considered to even ask to stay, much less get such a rude comment!  THEN to make it even tastier the EDR came in and could tell I was a little bent out of shape and said something along the lines of we all need to pull together and work as a team to get over things and make it work.  If I didn’t have a moral sensor there would have been some harsh words running out the mouth!  Needless to stay I was there till about 5:18 or so and still had to change clothes, which put me leaving the building the next to last, before the CLOSER!!!!!!! 

I got to dinner at a reasonable time and enjoyed myself.  I didn’t start the meal w an adult beverage like I wanted.  Being a ‘chainy’ kind of place they didn’t have anything that ‘screamed’ drink me, other than their painkiller, but I didn’t want to tip the scale, literally – lots of cream of coconut!  Would have been divine I’m sure. 

Over dinner I chatted w Jill, Linday’s nail lady, about how to keep my polish from chipping and basically there isn’t a way since it’s my natural nails.  The best advice is to make sure the nails are dried out when painting for ‘soak up’ purpose and keep oiled and moisturized.  All the activities I do with my hand daily wear and tear on the polish – washing, working, typing, cleaning, sorting, playing, etcetera.  Lindsay jokingly put me in charge of organizing a baking event to go w our next book and I’m so going to do it!!!!! 

K, now I’m going to read.  PEACE

b/4 I go – best part was dinner, good times, new friends, and books!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent…

No comments:

Post a Comment