Today ended up being one of the best Thursday’s in a loooonnngggg time! It started out terrible; I woke up at four a.m. in a substantial amount of pain (damn tooth). I tried to ignore it and go back to sleep, but of course my brain being the way that it is and all I couldn’t stop thinking the worst or worse (which is the correct English term?). I finally got up after more than thirty minutes to take a couple of ibuprofens, not food and safe. I was able to fall back asleep and rest peacefully for about thirty more minutes.
For bfast I made a huge bowl of strawberries, mango, and blackberries and topped it with cherry vanilla yogurt. Since it was soooo large I split it and saved the other part for a late bfast around 8:45 (in hopes that I wouldn’t snack through out the morning on junk food). I really like the cherry flavored yogurts in ‘parfaits’! I also enjoyed one of the best cup of coffees, courtesy of Aunt Linda and her x-mas gift of flavored cream.
I think I got a decent start on my monthlies, updated all the collection now all I gotta do is type em’.
So if you’re wondering what made the day so good, since I woke up in pain, my new little guy w CP and CVI had his best day yet! I took his shoes/braces off when he arrived and it helped him move on his own a little. Also my CT moved him to the cozy area and he calmed down on his own before going outside. Then during circle time he stayed calm without any tears! To add to the happiness he ate almost all of his entrée lunch; spaghetti-o’s AND drank all of his ‘milkshake’ by mouth (which means I didn’t have to tube feed him – woops I forgot to record that hopefully I’ll remember to do it tomorrow). Then he took a nap and woke up happy for the most part. Oh yeah during lunch it sounded like he said an imitation/approximation for pasta. The only tears, really bad ones that is, was during snack when my CT was working with him.
At 2:40 or so I ate a super large slice of Sam & Zoe’s chocolate cake. OM Goodness Gracious Alive, it was probably one of the best store bought cakes. It was kind of like a texas sheet cake minus the nuts. It had a nice chocolatey fudge like icing, decent chocolate cake, but at the bottom there was a rich brownie like layer. Needless to say I’m sure I put a little on and the scales are going to show it b/4 bed.
I played with the babies for a bit, then went to the big kids, and wasn’t needed there so I went back to the babies. I will say that both teachers really aggravated me: I was there to relieve them to do paperwork, but they just wouldn’t leave!!! I had to coax the AT into leaving. Then the LT came back in and tried to do what I vocally told her I was going to do at least two times. Finally I had to take a kid from her and tell her to go ahead and go that I was okay there were only three kids. At 4:15 I was able to get out and finish updating my data collection so I can type summaries tomorrow!
I called hubs at 5:00 when I got off and he didn’t answer so I stayed and played on the net. I would like to remember that the neatest thing I saw on line today was a recipe on how to make my own yogurt. Maybe one day I’ll try it!
Aaron actually went to his first kickball game while I stayed home and prepped bfast, lunch, fruit for the weekend snacks, dessert makings, and washed the dishes. Then I called dad and packed my clothes for the weekend. Oh yeah, I’m going to Paris to go fishing this weekend *picture me doing a little happy dance*.
I just ate the next to last cupcake from the place that made the pink lemonade and it wasn’t all that great. It was the mint chocolate one. The cake was a bit dry, could be b/c it’s a little ‘old’, BUT the minty flavor tasted more like toothpaste than mint like a girlscout cookie. Hopefully the last one, a weird twisted rocky road like one, will be better. I’m going to try to remember to take it with me and eat on the car ride to dad’s.
I’m torn btwn little guy having a wonderful day and knowing I will be on the lake this weekend as my high.
Hope you were glad to read a positive entry for a change..
No comments:
Post a Comment