Happy Friday to one and all! Today was extremely easy. The school was closed and we had inservice. Before heading to school I had a bowl of strawberries and bananas. It’s the first time I’ve ever had the combo in fresh from, you know not in ice cream or yogurt. I liked it. I think it would be good w some vanilla yogurt over it.
The day was simple. They served lots of fresh fruit as well as some protein (read pb, chocolate, and oats) bites that were super duper yummy and I’m sure I ate way more than I should have. I opted for the fresh fruit for starters, but swindled myself to the chocolate bowl.
The lady, guest speaker, that spoke first was super interesting. She was talking about vision and I really wish she could help us w our little guy w CVI. I did ask her for help and she said she’d speak to a colleague and try to see if she can find anyone. I’m hoping that I can get someone out to give us some pointers on what we can do in the room and/or I can shadow/learn from someone in their environment and carry it over. The rest of the lectures were pretty boring and basic, not to mention repeatedly mundane. I was a wee bit jealous/bothered that the majority of the presentation my CT and our SLP’s pictures in their power point was all about a kid on my caseload that I’ve worked with a gazillion times more than she has and she was in all the shots except one, and that one just had my back.
Also just so everyone knows, mainly for my ability to remember, there was a staff member off today. I mention it b/c my DR told me I couldn’t have today off, based on her discussion w the HR lady, b/c of the training, but the other person could. That makes two separate people of exceptions to rules I wasn’t allowed back to back in one week. I’m not upset b/c we couldn’t have gone on vacation anyways, just ticked that somebody else was allowed off! The inservice has been planned since last July; and I’m sure that the other staff member didn’t have vacation planned that far in advance.
I made miserable, awful, no good choices about food today. I tried to behave and ate the protein options w spinach, peppers, and tomatoes, instead of on bread and no chips (except for the one frito I snagged from my CT). However I went back and had another slice of cheese and two pieces of salami. I also ate way too many cookies and lots of small bites of candy.
The AT from the infant room was rather rude today. We had a task to write down what we like most about our jobs and I wrote ‘success’. She wrote some a sentence about helping parents w babies especially new parents and got lots of ‘awes’ from several people. Before her ‘awes’ she said something about ‘that’s not a sentence’ which I replied it didn’t have to be, look at the others around us’. Then she said ‘yeah, but yours isn’t something that happens’. I know this doesn’t make any sense what-so-ever when you read it, but it really rubbed me the wrong way. I’m guessing it was the arrogant tone she used when she said it and the addition of all the ‘awes’ that came along with hers. I love when all the kids have the little every day successes that they do: holding hands to walk, making eye contact to express desire, using a sign for the first time, following a direction; things like that.
The day was over a little after four. I was going to go by the bank but didn’t feel like it at all so I came home instead. I cleaned the kitty litter and swept the bathroom. Then I went through the flyers and coupons to use tomorrow morning. I remembered that I left some over at my inlaws and need t go there b/4 I head out in the morning. Aaron comes back mid-day tomorrow!
Also Lindsay msged me today to say she was down w attending the Cupcake Palooza even though it’s on a Saturday afternoon. I can’t wait: lots of sweets and baked goods. Oh I should suggest that we use our tickets together and split our cupcakes and stuff, especially if they are normal sized ones instead of mini/bites.
I’ve spent the evening watching House. For dinner I had string cheese and a juicy orange. I think I’m addicted the citrus for now.
Glad that the vision lady was so informative.
Have a great weekend…
No comments:
Post a Comment