Well today was anther good starting day, but finishing poorly. I’ve slept pretty soundly in comparisons to the nights from the previous week but woke up clammy since the weather was crazy and 80+ degrees yesterday. I started my day w a yummy bowl of cantaloupe and cc. I think I’ve made some pretty good headway on my book I’m in chapter five I think. It’s a really easy read, kind of like James Patterson’s stories.
Nothing too interesting on the net when I got to work. We were a kid down today, the guy who cries regularly. He and his brother were both sick today and mom said the symptoms were CSV like (I think that’s the correct term). Nothing fabulous on the kids part happened today.
I got to help the AT from the Giraffes class do art with the center. Kind of strange she needed help really. All she did was have the kids put tape on paper and then spray with colored water. There were a couple of kids I did two at a time, but it would have been challenging to do the kids w special needs on my own. I guess she needed the help b/c she always has it on her normal days. I’m also kind of curious as to how come she did it today instead of tomorrow, Friday, which is her usual art day? Guess I’ll never know.
We finished fifteen minutes earlier than scheduled and I sat down to catch up on paperwork. While doing that the DR called to chat w me. She informed me that my CT wouldn’t be at the center tomorrow due to meetins she has to attend. She’s going to a TEIS program about services and two IEP’s. The IEP meeting upset me a bit. She’s going for two kids that she didn’t really even work with. One kid she has only worked w during her afternoons when floating and not even for that long b/c he leaves by 3:30. The other kid was in our class, but se was on my caseload which means I did all the ‘real work’ with her and she just did a tid bit. I guess the DR felt like she needed to explain to me why she was going b/c I said something about our teachers attending the IEP b/c we hardly ever get to do it. I totally understand why the current teacher is going, b/c I mean she is using the IEP and working on it in her room and all, but my CT going? Why? Well the DR said the only reason she’s sending her is b/c she was planning on going, but since she can’t be back due to her gpa’s funeral, somebody needs to go in her place. The LT that’s going hasn’t been to any ever and the DR wants to make sure FS is represented correctly. And, verbatim out of the horses mouth, my CT has all these ears of experience of working with them so it only makes sense for her to go in her stead. That was the part that pissed me off. I would have probably assumed she was going due to ability. It upsets me b/c I’m not ever given the opportunity to attend IEP’s. How am I supposed to get the experiences if I’m not given the chance? The part that’s the most frustrating is I’ve mentioned several times how important I think it is for a current teacher to attend and have shown interest in going, but for some reason don’t ever get the option. Yet another reason that makes me want to leave them since I’m not getting all the opportunities other teachers have/get.
Well the real reason she was calling, in case I didn’t get to that a moment ago, was b/c she wanted me to make sure that I give all the teachers’ paperwork time. Oh yeah, forgot to mention (which totally sounds like I’m bitching and can’t be happy to save my life but that’s not the case) the DR asked my CT to stay and close the building down today! Too strange considering she gets off at 4:30, and I get off at 5:00 and didn’t have anything to do today after work. So either the DR is pissed at me or thinks I’m really pissed about Tuesday and wouldn’t stay today. Anyways since I had close to an hour today after four I worked on a bit of paperwork to get ahead from tomorrow. Not looking forward to the work day at all!
I made pretty good food choices all day. 2PPs for bfast (fruit and cc), 2PPs for lunch (soup), 5PPs for ‘snacks’ (chocolate, veggie sticks, and craisins), 5PPs for dinner (quiche w sausage), and a cookie and a couple more pieces of chocolate as well as several bites of hubbies full fat flavored bfast burrito!
So now I’m ready to prep for beddy bye.
Best thing today was coming home to my wonderful helpful hubby who made me feel better.
Glad you were involved in my day….
No comments:
Post a Comment