I had a nice laid back day. I got up around eight. I enjoyed a wonderful bowl of fruit while
doing my nails. I painted the top 2/3’s
light green and the bottom 1/3 dark green.
Once it was dry I dabbed the same dark green on the light green and now
I have this pretty awesome trio of colors and it almost looks good!
Once I finished I headed out to
Goodwill, only to discover it doesn’t open till 11, and I still had 30
minutes. So I went into Aldi’s and
shopped. I was only going to get pears
and sprinkles, but ended up w much more: carrots, peppers, salmon, and some
sausage/brat thingies hoping hubs will love it.
Then I went to Goodwill. I saw
some amazing shoes, but they were all too big and I left empty handed. Before finishing my shopping I popped into
Kroger and got ten yogurts w two mangoes.
I skipped the bananas, so I could get them at Walmart later this
week.
Once I got to the IL’s I ate my leftovers
from MD’s we some pickle and chips. For
dessert I enjoyed a granola bar. I spent
the day on the net: balancing my checkbook, updating my blogs, and bought my
Iron Fork ticket, as well as RSVP’d to GNO.
For dinner we grilled salmon and
veggies (done Carolyn’s new way: brushed w EVO and balsamic vinegar and
sprinkled w spices). Together we made a
mediterranean style quinoa (loosely based off this recipe):
Quinoa
1 cup cooked quinoa½ + c bell peppers, diced
¼ c sun dried tomatoes (the dried kind, not oil packed), diced
1/8 c olives (we used Spanish b/c that’s what we had, but you can use whatever you prefer), diced
½ cucumber, diced
1 lemon squished for juices
EVO, salt, pepper, thyme, basil (no measurement, just sprinkled and dashed and cracked)
Feta cheese (optional)
TO MAKE: Sautee peppers w EVO and herbs for bout 5 minutes. Toss in tomatoes and sauté till plumped. Add peppers/tomatoes to grains, turn off stove and add olives and cucumbers to warm skillet till warm (so that it doesn’t drop the temp of the grain). Mix this in with bowl, squeeze/pour lemon juice over mix, stir, and serve.
Then sprinkle cheese over for garnish if desired.
After dinner I returned to the
net and got so close to finishing all my blogs!!!!!
Oh yeah, I got my hair trimmed
today too! It feels so healthy. That and being with my IL’s was the best
today.
Glad you read today and hope
you’ll try this tweaked recipe and tweak for yourself…
No comments:
Post a Comment