First things first: Happy Birthday my Little Brother. Even though you aren’t here with me/us, you are always in our thoughts. I was going to have chocolate ‘pie’ in your honor, but haven’t the ingredients for chocolate so I tried butterscotch. I wasn’t able to be w mom or dad today, but I know dad visited yours body resting place. I wonder how you would celebrate it were you here. Would you call me? Would you go out? You could even have a family of your own and celebrate that way. I’d like to think I’d be a part of it no matter how you choose to greet another year. I miss you terribly.
Now that I’ve expressed to you the largest thought within me today, I’ll tell you how the day was. I was able to sleep until five minutes till the alarm went off! I don’t know if I woke at 3:00 like I have been the last several nights, so I’d like to think I didn’t. Bfast was ½ serving oats w half a banana and a handful of blueberries. The banana was sweet enough that I didn’t have to use sweetener, but I did dash a bit of vanilla. I read way past my regular time, but didn’t want to pause the point in my book. I still got to work b/4 required, which is good.
I started working on balancing my checkbook again. I think the joint I ordered my flea meds from charged me an extra 4.00 international fee! I also got our tax return, need to tell hubs since he was curious the other day.
We only had five out of seven kids. This morning we had fun matching colored blocks to the colored squares on the carpet. The little girl who just recently got diagnosed w Autism and has extreme trouble transitioning came in late and mom brought her in. I tried to get mom to leave ‘rip-the-band-aid-style’ but she didn’t quite get the point. Instead we got to listen to her daughter scream/cry for fifteen minutes. However the rest of the day was good. She sat for circle time and attempted to feed herself w a spoon. She also took a nap wout her paci. The kids were gone by five after two and I did one more summary. Now I only have one more! And the few retyped/copied IFSP’s from the meetings.
As usual I played w the babies and of course have mixed feelings bout the teachers in there. Sometimes they can e so nice and others so segregated and only talk btwn themselves. The after noon was easy and I got to leave right on time.
At home I prepped bfast, lunch, dinner, and took care of the dishes. I made another cabbage, mushroom, chicken pasta for lunch. This time I added a few different flavors, hope it’s yummy. For dinner I roasted some onions and mushrooms. Then baked eggplant (after salting w seasoning) w the veggie mixture. To finish it I topped it w spinach and pumpkin/tomato sauce and string cheese. I was hungry by this point and didn’t want to wait for the cheese to melt so I put it under the broiler. As I was pulling it out I burnt my knuckle. Kind of weird looking. The bake was fabulous!
For dessert I attempted to make butterscotch pudding (instant) but learned after mixing that the pudding won’t set w soymilk, which is what I used. So I improvised and poured it over ice cubes w some cocoa powder. Had almost a frosty texture, but didn’t satisfy the taste.
Oh yeah I also realized I was more aggravated w my DR than I thought. I realized that the AT had to ask off way later than me and either she was allowed off w the DR being off or the DR extended her vacation and the AT already had off. Does that make sense?
Today’s high was that I made it through another one of his birthday’s with him still w me.
Thank you for staying interested…
No comments:
Post a Comment