Man what a great day! First I’m sooooo glad the sun shone today, a week of rain = me needing a happy place.
The day started uber early, even on Saturday, when Aaron got up at 5:30. I know I could have stayed in bed, but there were things I wanted to get done.
I had plans to go to Costco and get my tires rotated. When I looked online I saw that they opened at 9:00 and I wanted to be the first in line. Last time I got there at 9:02 (at least that’s what time I thought I got there) and was the second in line; it took the mechanics damn near 2 ½ hours to complete my tires! This time I figured if I was first then surely it wouldn’t take that long at all. Well I left the house @ 8:00 and was in the lot by 8:30 only to discover they didn’t open till 9:30! Instead of sitting there (not to mention my coffee was lukewarm like baby bath water rather than taste bud scalding hot) I went over to Publix and checked out their ads.
@ 9:00 I went back over and was the first in line!!! I had plans to remove my polish and cut coupons but the next peeps in line were just as talkative as me and we talked about our four legged babies. I spent most my time looking at books for KEK and recipes for our pot luck (I know I haven’t told you about this, but I’m considering a garden roasted veggie tomato soup) which I took pictures w my phone (hope I can read em’ later). Around 10:40 or so I saw the peeps that were in line after me and they said their car was ready. WTF, why isn’t mine?!?!? When I went to check supposedly it’d been ready since b/4 10:00 and they called but my phone line was busy. There’s no way, I had the damn thing in my hand w the volume on so I wouldn’t miss it. Today may have been the cheapest I’ve left there; under $20! I only got peppers, cheese, and smoked salmon dip – If you haven’t tried this stuff yet, get up now and go find it at the closest space you can. It’s creamy crack! We eat it just on pita chips b/c we don’t like to take the time to get creative with it.
Afterwards I popped back over to Publix and picked up some frozen veggies, my fav. Chobani even though I don’t need it but it’s the only place I can buy it, and some new creamers. It took me forever to decide which ones to get. I had a coupon for Coffeemate and figured I could get em’ for cheaper at WalMart, but how often do Bailey’s go on sale? They come out to $1.60 instead of $1.50 (which is what I would have paid for the others).
The last place I stopped was Aldi’s; I got hubs some milk, fresh fruits, and frozen fruit (this is the only time they carry the frozen fruit – I wish they’d have it more often).
Back at the house I wolfed down my LO’s from Coco ’s, but added spinach, tomatoes, and onion while putting away the dishes and then got ready for the dog park. At this moment I hit a glitch: could not find the purple collar or either one of our leashes! I searched the house four times and my car too! I figured they were in Aaron’s 4runner (they were I found out around 8) and had to go borrow Bosco’s retractable. I hated going over there just to go in and then leave him. I tried to keep Sasha in the car, but she knew where we were and got out. I’m such a sap! I hope he wasn’t too sad when we left. We stayed at the park for at least 3 hours.
Sasha really wanted to play with this guy and his dogs Frisbee so I tried to keep her away b/c I didn’t think he wanted to share. I chatted w some other chick who was there w her roommates dog; nice conversation – she has two cats and is thinking about a dog. I had to cut out quickly to get Sasha some water and she went about her way. While talking to the chick Sasha played really well w somebody’s corgi (sp?) so I took her back there to play with that dog and she wanted to stay by my side. After some time a couple of mixed healer’s came back there w their mommy and we chatted until it was just too cool and I needed a warm drink. Her dogs were funny: Reece and Dizzy. Strange I didn’t learn the human’s name! I’d love if we could actually have ‘play dates’ with our doggies, but I’m not sure about the etiquette at meeting ‘friends’ at the park; do you? I almost forgot to mention that I ran into a girl, an ABAT that worked w one of my CCT1’s old kiddo’s. How small is N’ville really? There were so many brown and black looking dogs that it made me think that from here on out I want to make sure that we get a distinctive trait on our future puppies, or at least a piece of identifying jewelry.
After the park we went to see Bosco so I could check my email and pin some ‘sight word’ activities for KEK. I found this pretty amazing blogger/SAHM and pinned several of her ideas. I also forwarded the blog to another blogger, you remember the helpful one, she’s a SAHM too and I really think she may like these gals and activities.
At the house I made dinner and we watched/are watching Farscape. I bought Aaron the wrong dip! I got the smoked salmon and he likes the lobster. I just remember that he liked one that was red and I was thinking it was one I wouldn’t care for but ended up loving (I DESPISE smoked salmon). I figured I’d like lobster b/c it’s extremely similar to crab so went w the salmon. Future reference: get lobster or crab!!! I wonder if he likes the plain salmon?
I had an irregular eating today:
Bfast – cinnamon apple farina
Snacks – Costco tastings (lots of these meatballs/sausage links) and their brand greek yogurt (pretty good)
Lunch – LO sandwich
Snacks – cheese, chocolate, and trail mix
Dinner – LO salmon, rice, and broccoli
Well I’m ready to pass out now; the best part was being in the sun all day long!!!
Do you know socialization for puppies’ etiquette? (if not I assume it’s like meeting friend for babies at parks, do you know that?)
No comments:
Post a Comment