Can you believe that the school day was actually pretty decent? I mean I was feeling rough, but the kids were pretty well behaved! I opened so I could leave early for my meet and greet w a coworkers friends for child/puppy care and we all know the early shift is way easier than the late one. It really helped that there were several kids who didn’t come that are usually there.
Speaking of kids who didn’t come today we were down three, which all happen to need a little extra attention occasionally. One of them was Dear Fussy which was a relief. My CCT3 and I kind of hold our breaths about her until we are in gross motor before wondering out loud where she is. Also Jumping Tantrum had an amazing day!
We started learning about Traditional Tales, with The Three Little Pigs being first, and the kids really enjoyed the way it was presented. We did a ‘flannel board’ story and the kids got to be involved by naming the pigs: Kiki, Robin (who’s a superhero), and Savannah (this child struggled the most w the concept of pretend b/c she continued to get upset when friends talked about her pig b/c she named it after her sister and she thought they were talking about her); and then acting the story out. They continued to elaborate off the story the entire day. At 3:30 we sat down and created our own and kids got to color their pictures and then we shared it with our LC. The end of the day story was probably the best part and of course wasn’t planned at all!
I will say that even though the kids were spot on I fell like total hell. My belly has really been buggin me for several days and hit its high point today. For those who know me this is gonna be strange: food hasn’t been appealing, at all! The only reason I eat is b/c I know I need to put something in it. Carbs are the only things that are settling. A chick made cake and I didn’t like it! Not just any cake a coffee cheese strudely cake. When I got to work (TMI COMING HERE) I burped a little acidy refluxy like junk from my bfast; which is really strange b/c it was a normal bfast! The only comfortable position is with my legs folded into my belly and when I move it’s like a tortoise. I didn’t even really eat my snacks!
After work I did go meet with those peeps and they weren’t at all like I though they would be. I expected them to be more the Knights or Ilagans, but they were more like peeps that I worked with at the restaurant. I LOVED their Husky 10 month puppy. The kid really bonded, but I think was sad when I had to talk to his parents rather than about his video game. I think they will probably use me and I hope it’s easy and worth the $$ (I told em’ I usually charge btwn 12 – 15 for kids and gave them that as a base to work from).
Upon arrival to the house Aaron was already settled in and I did my norm.. After I settled in we talked about our feelings (we’ve been short w one another; him w me b/c of tired and pain and driving, me w him b/c of offense I took and being sensitive). He is a great hubby that way, making me sit down and talk it out rather than hold it in!
Not sure if I told you this or not but at some point in the past few days I’ve noticed that Sasha has a baldish spot on the outer edge of her left eye. I mentioned it to Aaron and he said it kind of looks like mange, which I freaked, and he said more like the demadex (sp?) that Izzie had and he’d ask the doc next time he took her in for blood work. Well I noticed another small spot on her left shoulder blade area in the black hair/spot. I also noticed that’s where she’s scratched most (almost dead on). I’m gonna do my best to keep an eye on the spot to see if it gets bigger and if so insist he take her in.
Even though I felt bad I did eat some things, which were all pretty bad for me
Bfast – raspberry banana oatmeal
Snacks – clementines, toffee, & choc. covered almonds
Lunch – the nasty beef sirloin soup w added grilled veggies
Snacks – frosting and pretzels
Dinner – last of the venison stroganoff and orange cake as well as 3 pieces of chocolate
I loved how the kids got so involved in today’s traditional tale and hope they continue to be interested.
Thanks again for letting me tell you about my day…
No comments:
Post a Comment