Tuesday, January 15, 2013

where's the snow?!?!?!


Today was an extremely long feeling day.  Yesterday I sort of offered to work the early shift, more asked if they needed me to come in.  When asked, the PC said something like ‘sure as long as you know that you’ll be staying to the same time’.  I couldn’t renig my statement so I had to play it off.  Yet another reason I’m not so sure I like this chick being the PC, I really don’t think she’s fair in her duties.  

The day itself wasn’t terrible; Jumping Tantrum and Dear Fussy weren’t that bad.  Tantrum got a little upset this morning and it was hard to calm her down.  I’m pretty sure she had a seizure around 9:30 or so.  While talking to the SLP (who’s only 26 and is about to have her 2nd child – she was nursing her 10 month old when she got pregnant with this little guy) I realized that either Tantrum can feel the seizure and that’s why she gets upset or when she gets upset that brings the seizure on.  Either way we’ve got to start documenting it in case it’s the new medicine she’s on. 

There was a baby shower for the SLP, but I didn’t attend.  I didn’t get her a gift so I felt kind of awkward so I skipped out.  The floater however made her this weird (to me) doll and a homemade card.  The card was precious, but she shouldn’t have done it at work.  She cut out and adorable image from an old calendar and reinforced it on art paper.  She tore around the edges of the art paper to make it look antique-y and then wrote on the inside.  It was adorable and I’m going to have to remember that incase I come across any cute images (another reason to start hording things).  The PT made these gorgeous cupcakes that everyone raved about.  They were very deceiving little delicates.  Upon looking at em’ I expected coconut; the chick had real pieces of coconut, not the shredded stuff, on the top and a gorgeous white frosting.  The floater said that she was a sweet snob and didn’t really like things from bakeries but as soon as she found out they were homemade she dove right in.  I on the other hand didn’t really like the frosting so I was a bit weary.  It was sort of flavorless to me.  I was going to bring it home, but wanted to make sure it was worth the effort of saving so I broke down and sampled it.  BLEH!!!  Very bland and simple; white cake, white frosting (no flavor really), and mild coconut.  I was expecting a rich coconut creamy like cupcake.  I got to thinking about the floater’s comment on being a snob; why would she think a bakers sweets are worse?  HELLO they get paid for a living to do that!  This chick made a gorgeous presentation, but lacked on taste. 

Towards the end of the day one of my rough and tumble guys complained that his head hurt and was extremely needy.  He tried to play in the gym, but was continuously fussy.  He actually wanted his sweatshirt off (this is the kid who wore a little lettermans like jacket with shorts in the summer outside in the heat) and lay down in the gym.  His eyes looked a little pinkish sunken in and I took his temp..  The thermometer read 99.9 under both arms three times which is really 100.9; .1 degree from our new rule of temp staying home.  When I told his mom about it I’m almost positive she thought he was ‘acting’ due to circumstances at home, but if he comes to school tomorrow I’m keeping an eagle eye on him and his behavior.

My CCT3 was out sick still, her fever broke last night, but she’s in bed resting.  I wonder if she’ll be back tomorrow?  We closed at 4:00 due to inclement weather and I was home by 4:30 or so.  Aaron was over at his parents so I curled up in my blanket and fell asleep.  I was so much tired as it just felt good to be cozy.  Did I mention that I noticed a horrible draft coming through our window in the circle time area?  That’s probably why I’m always cold!  I told the HR about it, but I’m sure it’ll not get fixed or if it does it’ll be in a month or so. 

After my rest at home it took me forever to get up and moving.  I was sad when I finished my dinner knowing it was the last of the dish. 
 
What I ate today:
Bfast – apricot cranberry oatmeal
Lunch – tuna tomato bisque
Dinner – lasagna (all gone) and side salad
Snacks – Clementine’s, brownies, mini pb cups, and one honey peppermint like patty

My high today was the school closing early!

Do you prefer simple cupcakes or ones with ‘fun flavors’???

No comments:

Post a Comment