Thursday, January 17, 2013

glad it's over and where did you go?

Well I thought I was going to have a nice short day (I went in @ 7:30 and thought I was going to leave @ 4:00), but life happens.  More on that later.

I was able to enjoy reading my story again during bfast and had the worst time putting it down.  Because tof that I didn’t get to play with Sasha as much as usual, that made me a bit sad. 

I opened the room for my old CCT2; she had the day off, and it was much smoother than a regular day (at least IMO).  I had the kids do two activities rather than free play around the room.  It also helps that there were only six kids instead of eight to nine. 

We had 11 kids total, but nine for the first hour and ten for another.  That’s right two kids came in late so it made the morning much easier.  Dear Fussy was out and Jumping Tantrum didn’t get upset! 

We were understaffed again today.  The AT in the baby room and the floater were both out.  The reason I’m telling you is b/c these are both people who close the school down; which means we were short two closing staff out of five.  My CCT3 and I discussed the query of when they (management) were going to decide what to do for a plan. 

I took a 30 min lunch due to the shift change and while I was working on gathering my materials for the LP for the next 2 weeks they asked me to stay late.  It was around 1:40 or so and of course I’m a sucker and agreed.  I did however tell them I could not stay past 4:30 due to prior plans and that if they had asked earlier maybe I could have rescheduled, but can’t now.  As usual horrible planning upon the mgmt team. 

While viewing my bloggers I came across something of interest.  I also realized that food bloggers post short stories and lots of pictures more than words/stories.  Can’t say I blame em’ considering they spend their time creating food.  I do however wonder what they do with all their goods? 

During the afternoon period my CCT3 and I agreed to working on cleaning and organizing our messy cabinets.  It was my idea and I asked her over and over again if she was okay and she said she was.  I’m kind of proud of myself.  I actually tided/organized /condensed a large cabinet and cleared off the counter top by filling the smaller one.  I didn’t organize the small one, just shoved things in there. 

When I got off I braved a new path home.  Instead of driving my normal route on the interstate I drove through downtown.  I don’t know if it cut time off my commute, but will know for sure tomorrow (maybe; I’m not sure I want to drive downtown on Friday night for the first time at the ‘late’ hour I get off). 

At home I of course had to take care of the pup, being the first home and all.  I wanted to play with her outside, but it was bit chilly for me.  Instead we rough housed indoors and I actually think it may have tuckered her out; she slept while we ate and watched our TV shows. 

B/4 typing this I discovered that I’ve put my regular jump drive in some unknown place.  I really hope its not at work where someone can find and read it.  I’m using a drive that Aaron has pictures saved on (which I’m glad I have now b/c I can fill all those tree ornament frames I bought a few years back).  I just hope I don’t lose this one too!  As I’m getting older I’m having the worst time keeping up w these sorts of things.  Do you have any suggestions on how to help me?

I did much better today w my food choices than yesterday (I didn’t post but I ate lots and lots of carbs: cake, cupcakes, corn cakes, flatbread, and dessert)
Bfast – apricot blueberry 7 grain hot cereal
Lunch – chicken tortilla soup w extra veggies, cilantro, and sriacha (sp?)
Snacks – banana, clementine’s, an apple, 1 animal cracker
Dinner – Suzy’s LO: general tso veggies topped w scallops and two shrimp w 3 4oz glasses of vino.

Do you save your entries?  On what?

1 comment:

  1. You had me at sriracha! There is an extra R in there. I have it at my desk as we speak!

    Hope you find your flash drive!!

    I have an external drive that I save all my pictures to - saves a ton of space on our home computer. It only cost like $10?

    ReplyDelete