Well it was another rough nights sleep for me! I think I've been up since around 4:30 or so, almost to the point where I'm a bit zonky!
I managed to get to work even earlier than usual, the traffic was smooth sailing. Suckiest part; two teachers were out. What makes it even more wonderful is both teachers were in the same room. I felt sorry for the kids; two of the three worst teachers in the building had to work together in there. Luckily there were only six kids instead of the ten or twelve total. It was the toddlers class, so let me tell you I was estatic to not be a floater! Downer is that we didn't get our paperwork time, yet again. For those keeping up that'd be the third time this week.
Luckily our day went smooth. We only had 11 kids, the screamer was gone, but one of our rough transitioners (whose been out all week) came back. Fortunately she was in a good mood and behaved all day as well as left b/4 4:00.
The Metro Vision Specialist, who I might add is a loon, called and asked if she could come by today. I'll give her a little credit since she called. She usually just shows up and wants to talk while the class is going up in flames. However she didn't show up! I waited an extra ten minutes for her past the time she said she be there. Oh well, better luck next time.
I'm proud of my CCT3 though, she was feeling icky and still came in to work. Through out nap time we talked about eating habits. She's trying to lose weight, but IMO keeps making wrong choices. She's counting calories and trying to exercise regularly. It worked for her when she was younger but not now. I by no means advocate for WW, but it worked for me and I follow it loosely after trying several other techniques for four years. I explained to her why what she's doing didn't work for me and she understood it. For example she likes to eat 3 rice cakes for snacks (3+) as to where I'd rather eat a cup of greek yogurt or two string cheese for the same value. She didn't understand why the rice cakes would be so many points when it's only 100 calories. I told her I thought it was due to the carbs b/c that's essentially all they are, aired carbs to eat; no real nutritional value. Not to mention you'll be hungry sooner than you would if you ate the dairy choices. I won't bore you w/ all the other things, but she said she was going to reevaluate her eats since this way isn't working for her like it did last time.
Also during rest time Aaron text me to ask if I wanted to go out to eat with his boss/family for dinner and I was down! The rest of the day kind of flew by, nothing really to note.
I got off on time and found out hubby has the whole weekend off!!!
When I got home I played my new game (FF&F) that I mentioned the other day. It was fun, he showered while Sasha and I sat in the room and we all played like a real family. We dropped Sasha off to play with Aunt Linda and then headed over to Coco's. The strangest thing - while waiting in line to get our drinks, which I'll tell you about in a moment, I saw a guy (an ex actually, which I thought was soooooo cute in the ninth grade but not so eye appealing now - thank goodness I didn't end up with him huh?) and his party waiting in line behind me. I told Aaron that I knew him and he asked 'why don't you say something?'. I figured it'd be rude since he was w/ a lady friend. However the other couple that was w/ him had the wine list I had been looking for and couldn't find so I had to ask that girl to look at it over her shoulder. That's when he finally recognized me. He called me by my maiden name and I had to correct him. That too was funny considering he's met Aaron, at our 10 yr reunion. Anyway I think he was a bit taken back by my appearance. He openly commented about me looking thinner, much since the last time he saw me, and I had to tell him that I was (actually back down to high school weight since he thought I was tinier). He also thought Aaron had gotten taller, nope just thinner and his muscles have developed a bit. When he went to introduce his group he started w/ the other girl rather than his girlfriend (weird). We chatted for a bit, the whole group not just him and me. Actually I ended up talking to the other couple more. The dude's mom does the same thing I do and he actually knew what it was! The chick was interested so lots of questions. Small world don't ya know?!?!?!
Afterwards we joined Dave and Haley on the Bocci Ball court, that's right a non sand court. It was fun and the gals whooped the guys batooties!
Now on to my opinion of Coco's
Upon entering you put your name down and then can stand in line at the checkout (like a small market register) and order wine and beer. The line took forever and the ladies were uber focused on the person at hand. I ordered the house red and we bought Haley a cab., however I think the clerk f'd up b/c later during dinner when I drank the house wine from the bottle ordered at the table it tasted totally different! I actually liked the cab. much better. That's when we played Bocci.
It took for freaking ever for us to get a table. Finally I went in and asked if we could be seated and what the situation was. We were allowed to break our group down to six and pull a two top over to be seated ASAP. Not only did it take long to get seated but our server sucked ass something terrible! She took forever to come to us each time: serving drinks and food as well as check. I actually had to go in and ask for assistance at least three times. Also I sat there and watched employees (either off duty or waiting on others) sit there drinking a bottle of wine, rolling silverware, smoking, and eating. Very peculiar!
As for the food, wonderful! Aaron and I split the caprese salad. Huge slices of cheese, small (hopefully in the summer they'll be larger) tomato slices, and gianormous basil leaves (like mutant steroid ones). For dinner I ordered the muffaletta and he had the veal parmesan sub penne and white sauce. The bread on my sandwich was nice, I wish there was more olive tapenade and some crisp from onions and lettuce, but tasty other wise. His veal though was amazing! And I don't even eat veal!
The table ordered tiramisu, an italian cake, and a chocolate cake. I wanted the tiramisu but ended up loving the italian cake! However Mike loved the tiramisu and ate most of it.
At the end it was decided that we would split the bill straight down the middle and do an even four way split. I had to ask the hostess if she'd let our s.a. server know that we were ready and to split it four ways. The server brought our checks out, we were prepared: we gave her our cards as soon as she walked up to the table. She did let us know our tab total (44.00 apx a couple). However when she brought us the credit slip she didn't bring an itemized receipt so there was no way of knowing whether or not she 'grated' (not sure about the spelling there, not grated as in 'grating cheese' but grated as in 'gratuity') us or not. We assumed she did since it was a table of eight and she sucked. Most the time servers who do automatic grats don't care and they give shitty service.
SOOOO for an overall opinion
Place - strange
Service - AWFUL
Food - delish, meal wise (not sweets)
Value - moderate
Would I go back you ask? Sure, but not when I'm hungry. I'd either go early or make sure I ate something ahead to keep the belly tided over.
Something else I want to remember about the evening: Haley and her friends do an awesome rule that I'd love to start using; when eating out with friends everyone puts their phone on the table facedown and the first to reach/grab for theirs pays the entire tab! If nobody does of course to each their own.
I enjoyed dinner night out w/ hubs coworkers the most!!!!
Does it drive you as batty that peeps always have to have their smartphones at hand???
No comments:
Post a Comment