Today was another focus on the puppy sort of day.
I did my usual Sunday morning routine, while Aaron was at work!
I got ready to leave around 12:30 or so to take Sasha to ‘meetup’ with her new to be friends hopefully over at Centennial Dog Park only to realize I didn’t know where my keys were! I’m sure I looked for them for over twenty minutes! They were in my pocket from yesterday!
This was a new to me park, literally! I don’t think we ever took Izzie there. It took me almost an hour to find! However now I know. Not really sure why people refer to it as Centennial Dog Park considering the sign says West End DP and it’s really not near to Centennial; it’s about three to four blocks from the main area!
Lucky for me as I was going in, an hour later than the meeting time, the organizer was just getting there. BTW she doesn’t look like her picture too much. Thank goodness for her puppies or else I wouldn’t know. Oh yeah while I was searching I came across some people I thought were going, but they didn’t. I kind of felt like an ass b/c I said ‘I think I’m on my way to meet y’all’ when I asked for help and they weren’t there.
So even though I was late, there were still people there and lots and lots of dogs in general. Sort of an overwhelming amount really. In our group there was Hope and Pepper, Bradshaw (a mix), Shelby and Xena (no GD blood at all), Nino (a huge lovely Harlequin), Titan, Laurel (a mix), and Sir Walter Scott (some shepperding dog). We also met a girl who had a puppy two weeks younger than Sasha, George, who was a gorgeous Fawn/Blue mix. I’d love for them to be besties!
We stayed at the park till about four. And then I went to the Knights. KEK was excited to see me, but didn’t want to practice her words. I told her I just wanted to look at em and figure out which ones were hard and he played with me that way. Then we went upstairs w the sticker book and she loved that. However to keep it fun I let her do a fashion show and there was no getting her back. I tried several ways and decided to just sit and color with her while she talked about school. Then mom came in and it went downhill from there.
KEK was rather rude to mom and said some harsh things. The harshest towards the end; ‘when you make me do things I don’t want it’s upsetting and I don’t feel like I’m part of the family, it makes me want to run away’. Where has she heard such things? How scary! I can’t even fathom how hurt ALK was, I was almost crying. I really wish I could have been more help. I thought that by me doing it would be fun but now I think KEK just may dislike me totally, like I betrayed her friendship or something.
By the time I left there it was a little after 7:30 and I felt really bad for Sasha; I knew she had to be hungry she hadn’t eaten since noonish! Luckily ALK sent me home w some ‘lasagna’ and that was my dinner. I put quotes around it b/c it was what I would call baked ziti b/c of the pasta. Whatever it was, it was f’n delish! I felt a little bad b/c when she offered I wasn’t going to take any, but my belly got the better of me since I wasn’t up to par and didn’t want to make anything. When I got home I felt even worse; it looked like it was somebody else’s LO they forgot. There was a scoop missing off to the side.
Today I didn’t eat all that much and I can feel it:
Bfast/Brunch – pb2 banana English muffin
I mashed the naner and used the dry PB2, not very pby, but def sweet. Might make a nice dip
Lunch – didn’t really have one b/c I ate bfast so late and was at the park when I got hungry
Snacks – grapes and lots and lots of chips and dip w a small salad
Dinner – pasta bake
I’m so glad that Sasha got to run and play again today and hope to next weekend!
Thank you for letting me get out my feelings about this evening…
No comments:
Post a Comment