Tuesday, January 22, 2013

lots of new tries today

This was a much more challenging day than yesterday!  Normally at 8:15 when I clock in I go to the twos class, which is what I’m used to; however w our staff being short I’m now going into the 4-5 yr old class.  It’s a bit different.  Not harder, just different, bigger kids, bigger space, more noise, more of a challenge to keep an eye on all of em.  I’ve been w em b/4 from 7:30 to 8:00, but the next half hour is totally different! 

It was also a more challenging day b/c we had our 3 kids back (but one out) and lots of kids threw temper tantrums for my CCT3 this morning.  As soon as I walked in she said ‘I’m ready for happy hour if you wanna go’. 

We continued talking about The Three Little Pigs but heard the wolf’s tale today, it was cute and some of the kids understood it.  Downer bout today; even though it was gorgeous out we still had to go to the gym b/c of how stinkin cold it was.  The girls in the room are having an awful lot of trouble following the rules and didn’t get to play but for half of their time. 

I talked to my coworker about her friend’s I met last night and she knew they were more ’22 year old guy college style’ sort of people.  She just didn’t know how to tell me.  I ended up talking to her way long than expected and I think it may have really upset my CCT3. 

The kids loved their little pig houses we made yesterday (ramen noodles w yellow icing, pretzels w brown, and chex cereal w red).  I thought they were icky since the crispiness was gone, but they’re kids and love sweets. 

The afternoon was a pretty normal one.  I let my CCT3 get out and do paperwork for another half hour or so; this is probably the third or fourth time I haven’t gone out of the kindness of my heart.  She’s working on an assessment.  It won’t be happening anymore soon I’m sure since one of our 3:30 leavers is being allowed to stay for aftercare. 

Aaron had the day off so he took care of the liter, laundry, dishes, and took Sasha to the dog park (off HWY 100) to ‘meetup’ w our danes group only no one was there!  What a PITA!!! That park isn’t close at all!  I’m not even sure why the organizer chose it, she lives in Hendersonville.  Even though that part was a bust Sasha had a glorious time.  She’s been asleep since I got home and when I say asleep I mean like passed out hasn’t moved, rolled over, or even begged to get up on the couch with us!

We are watching our last disc of our show and will start a new one either tonight or tomorrow.  Super excited about this next one.  I told Aaron he’s gonna be pumped when we open it and he went and did just that instead of waiting!  I guess my comment was just too much temptation for him. 

My belly was a little better today, here’s what I ate:
Bfast – new yogurt 
            IMO – my coworker said she thought it was too sweet and had a peculiar texture.  I liked it.  It wasn’t really sweet, just less twangy.  It did have an off texture to most greek yogurt, but I like it.  Super smooth and would make a really nice topping on a grape salad or something.  The strawberry goo was kinda tasty in small doses too
Lunch – white chicken chili w veggies
            IMO – way to beanny!  I guess I just don’t like this kind of chili b/c the homemade one had too much too.  Doubtful I’ll buy again unless I forget my opinion. 
Snacks – banana, veggie straws (a snack crack for me), and grapes
Dinner – ALK’s LO pasta bake w a salad.  She does a mean pasta bake, I’m thinking about asking her how she did it! 

Oh I forgot to tell you; an eon ago I requested samples of Monkfruit in the Raw from the Stevia company.  I got them in today and can’t wait to try it in my coffee tomorrow.  The samples came in little plastic wrap w two to a pack.  I also got a bunch of Stevia’s too, but I’m sure I’ve had that.  I’ll let you know

Ok, what did I enjoy most about my day, probably getting the samples I’ve been waiting to get.  Also need to remember that while Sasha was at the dog park today she came home missing both of her top incisors. 

Have you tried that yogurt yet?  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment