Saturday, February 23, 2013

a nice day w the hubs

Another short entry for today!!! 

Nothing much happened.  Got up and made new pancakes that were finally successful!!!  Then Aaron woke up earlier than expected, but wait the funniest thing.  So I got out of bed around 4 b/c hubs was snoring and it sounded like he was choking on an air bubble; and went into the guest room to sleep (I really wanted to sleep in).  Then around six or so Sasha came out of the room and found me in the guest room where she was so kind to wake me up for a potty break.  After she took care of her business she crawled back into bed w dad!!!!  I on the other hand was wide awake so that’s when my Saturday started. 

We took her to the park together for a couple of hours, then let her play at gma/gpas while we shopped.  Lunch came from the BK.  Not too impressed w this location; my ‘beef patty’ was wimpy and the fries have changed.  They used to be my top two fav and now they suck ass.  Used to have this crispy triangle shaped fry w crispy curnchies all around and now its thick and square and lots of fluff w little crisp at all.  I’m going to try to call the hotline and give my 2 cents.  Aarons burger was a hot mess too.

We headed to Rivergate to the Target so I could use my gc from work.  Thank you FSI for the purchase of my new travel mug.  It was probably the most expensive drinking mug ever, but I’m hoping it really works.  It’s a thermos brand that’s supposed to keep liquid warm for 8 hours (I think – not in front of me and I def don’t feel like getting up to check).    We also stopped at GFS, then got ice cream, and made our final stop at Aldi’s/DG.  I was let down by my ice cream.  I ended up getting the jamocha almond fudge.  The only part I liked was the nuts.  Aaron got the rocky road, which was decadent.  It wasn’t as coffee chocolatey as I remembered.  I think it was due to when I ate it the first time I was at the beginning of my coffee appreciation so it was potent.  OR the container wasn’t a fresh tub and I should have gotten ice cream from a container that hadn’t been opened in a while. 

I stopped in the DG to get my fix I’ve needed a while from a Reisen.  Oh my golly bill, if you are a caramel lover (you know the one piece you eat first out of box of chocolates) then you have to try these candies.  Sooooo tasty!!!! 

We weren’t sure what to have for dinner, but the parents invited us for pizza so we stayed.  Carolyn and I shared a veggie (maybe vegan) on a gluten free crust. 
            IMO – LOVED the flavors of the roasted veggies.  The crust was a bit floppy at first.  However we
            placed it on the air vented pan and baked it a bit more.  Much better!!!! 

Now we are watching the newest Resident Evil movie. 

The best part of my day was getting that chewy fix.

Thanks for letting me yack…

No comments:

Post a Comment