Do you like the pointless short entries or the ones that give you nonsense? I feel better doing entries that are worth both our whiles. However if I don’t do these little twaddle-y entries I know it’ll be forever b/4 I get back into the groove and I really want to prove to myself that I can do it in hopes that I can stick w my fantasy future one.
Sasha is really getting into her testing phases. She didn’t want to come in this morning so I could get dressed and pushed me till the last minute b/4 having to get to work. I scooted in right under the wire.
The suckiest part about getting to work right on time rather than early today was I didn’t get a real lunch break. We had a working lunch meeting w the Metro team that lasted right around an hour. We weren’t going to take anything and just work, but the DR said to; so we both took 15 mins..
My time sheet was wrong again this week. I turned in 2 hours of snow and .50 for regular pay (for what should have been 81.75 regular pay) and only got 80 reg pay and .50 OT. So I’m short 1.25 reg pay. I really need to figure out the monetary amount to decide whether or not to make a big deal about it. Let’s see I should get about 24.00 for normal business on top of my regular or about 9.00 – which is what I think I got. Man did I get the short end of the stick! Damn, need to get this fixed!
Anyways b/4 I get too pissed, I’d like to pat myself on the back. The school provided pizza for our lunch meeting and I didn’t eat any!!!!!!!! Do you know how hard that was? I did have about a quarter cup of d. coke and coke. I also ate 3 veggie straws, only 3!!! More pats here folks. Thank you.
After lunch my hubby msged me to see if we could have dinner w his bosses/coworkers, woot woot! Man was I glad I didn’t have the cheesy gooey pepperoni sausage covered toasted triangle.
The rest of the day was fine. The kids were fine. I got the meditation music on and we did activities again; first a goal and then play.
Before going to his bosses I prepped fruits and veggies for tomorrow, did the dishes, and got the soup ready to take to school. I hope peeps like it!
That’s it really, my food intake:
Bfast – raspberry banana oatmeal
Lunch – tuna w pickled ginger, onions, and a bit of mustard and seaweed soup
Snacks – peppers and carrots, oranges, 3 veggie sticks and grapes
Dinner – roast w fixin’s and vino
IMO – so strange eating w them sometimes. I always expect it to be more, but most the time it
isn’t. I don’t know if they make their roasts the same every time, but it was way too tough. It was
prepared in a baking dish w carrots, onions (too few for me), lots of red potatoes, and tons of
mushrooms. I loved the addition of the mush, but needed more onions. Also the meat was
soooooo tough. We actually had to use knives to cut it! Guess I’m just used to the overcooked
business. Don’t get me wrong, it was tasty and I appreciate it, but strange. On the side we had
green beans and a salad. The beans were strange too. They put fresh squeezed lemon on them.
The salad was better than I expected: romaine, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, tomatoes, roasted
pine nuts, goat cheese, and a Dijon balsamic vinaigrette. I took the bottle of wine that I bought
in Paris over x-mas holiday that I’d been saving to take over there and his lady boss didn’t even try
a glass. His male boss and Haley did though and they liked it. Oh we also had a multigrain
baguette; which was different from what I’m used to as well. We slice it and butter it and then bake;
they just baked it solid and ate it dry.
Loved having dinner w the bosses. However hopefully next time I’ll remember to bring entertainment so I’m not getting on their nerves during a business dinner.
If you eat roasts, how do you prepare them and what are you used to? Maybe I’ll like your suggestions and I’ll try them. Thank you for being interested IMO’s.
No comments:
Post a Comment