Sunday, February 24, 2013

all about soup!

Howdy folks, I know the last few entries have been extremely brief, but I’m making it all up here!!! 

I tried sleeping in again but failed.  I think I may have been out of bed around seven or so.  Did the norm then: showered, ate, balanced my checkbook/paid bills, and then called dad.  I would like to remember that if I haven’t been paying dads bill as well as our own I’d have quite a bit more money as in close to double digits w a few zeros!!!!  CRAZY!!!

Aaron was up earlier than I expected so we headed out together; a little after ten.  Aaron took care of his ‘emergency’ while I checked emails and drank a tea cup of coffee. 

THEN we went to soup tasting!!!!  Let me just tell you there were some fabulous ones as well as awful terrible spat out ones!  My fav’s were:
            Roasted Cauliflower & Leek
                        IMO – made cauliflower hearty and smoky all at the same time
            Roasted Turnip & Apple Cider Bisque
                        IMO – it has one heart.  Notes say ‘nice and fally’.  Honestly I don’t remember it.  But I did
                        just finish eating. 
            Caribbean Sweet Potato
                        IMO – LOVED the spice w the sweetness, would’ve been my fav if the others hadn’t
                        trumped it
            Creamy Turnip & Bacon w Turnip Green Salad
                        IMO – this one actually got my vote for fav!!!!  It was smoky, spicy, earthy, & sweet all at
                        the same time. 
            Tomato Basil
                        IMO – LOVED this one too, but I don’t think a tomato soup should be brought into a soup
                        challenge, unless it’s the best I’ve had. 
            Roasted Cauliflower w Crispy Brussels leaves & Candied Pancetta
                        IMO – might have loved more, but MIL ate all the leaves and pancettea.  I didn’t feel like
waiting in a second line for a final tasting. 
            Stilton Soup
                        IMO – I love this soup, but I’m pretty sure it’s the third time they’ve brought it.  This time
                        wasn’t their best either.  They put a whole spinach leaf in it instead of some chopped small
                        bites w/in. 
            Carrot Cake w Caramel & Cream Cheese Drizzle
                        IMO – a nice desert soup, could only eat the soufflé cup though, anymore and I’d be bleh!
            Drunkn’ Chicken Chowder
                        IMO – This wasa in running for second as my voting fav.  The first cup I had was awesome:
                        lots of chicken, potatoes, carrots, corn, and a nice bite of heat.  However the second cup
                        that I went
                        back for to compare was all spice and fatty tasting. 

It took me a while to decide which one I liked best.  I kept remembering the way the first one from the Kitchen tasted, but kept telling myself ‘which one would I order that I think is more consistent?’ and that helped me vote.  My MIL voted for the Lobster B.L.T but only b/c it was served in a Hawaiian bread like ‘bowl’.  She went back and got me seconds to compare and it was too bacony!  They bread really made the soup. 

When we got back home Carolyn and I passed out!  We chatted for a bit, but then had us a nice rest till around 3.  Aaron came back and shared w me all the fun he had at the parks.  He finally got to meet George!  Sasha didn’t play w him all that much though.  I think it was b/c they were at Centennial rather than Shelby.  At the first park she played w Nino (the monster GD from meetup) and Boady a cute little five month old or so choc lab we met yesterday.  At centennial she played w Jackson (a GD a month or so older, he’s a merle) and Scout (the boxer whose owner Aaron went to school with).  Aaron also reported that Sash experimented w climbing on the picnic tables and loved it!!!!!!! 

B/4 heading home we stopped at the redbox and rented two movies
                       IMO - LOVED the second one!  I really wanted to see the first, but it didn't impress really. 
                       the coolest part was when he had his daughter find em'.  The second one though was abso-
                       lutely riveting!  I loved Adam as the Daddy Vamp and just too precious over all.  Would def
                       recomend all toon lovers out there to watch/own it!

We worked as a team to complete dinner and lunch prep.  Dinner was delish; venison/gyro cheese steak w roasted potatoes.  I served my ‘steak’ over a bed of spinach and sautéed onions and bell peppers.  The veggies made the meat sweet.  My potatoes were tasty too.  Aaron usually cuts them into little triangle shapes, but I sliced em’ into medallions.  I think I like it this way better; more potato w crisp in each bite.  While making dinner I tried a new beer.
                        IMO – tasty!!!  Def could drink a six pack, esp in the summer time.  Hubs said he liked it
                        too. 

Guess that’s really all the words I’ve got for today.  The best part was spending time w my MIL and eating samples!

Are there any fundraising events in your area that you try to hit every time you can????  Hope you have a great week…

No comments:

Post a Comment