Saturday, February 9, 2013

TWO new food dishes!

Today was another ridiculously busy Saturday.  I got up when Aaron left, at six.  I tried to sleep till seven, but it just wasn’t happening. 

While eating bfast I went over my circulars and coupons as well as started a half ass meal plan.  I just decided to pull an idea for each protein and through out the week we can just decide which one we want and swing it from there (spaghetti squash on Mon, chick burgers Hawaiian style, steak sandwiches, swt and sour pork, and either fish sticks w mac and chz or crab legs w b. potato are the ideas and the groceries I got to go with it). 

Since it was such a gorgeous day out Sasha and I went to the park for a couple of hours first.  She got to play with the min pins, Mo & Curly.  As we were on our way out George was there (did I mention him weeks ago?  It’s the dane puppy I want to be Sasha’s bestest friend and have play dates with) and she was eager to play with him.  I asked the dog sitters if we could come back in and they were okay with it.  They hit it off!!  The sitters said he hasn’t played w any other dogs that well yet.  However right b/4 leaving I noticed blood on him.  I truly believe it was from her gums since she’s teething, but there’s no way to tell.  I was very worried she’d hurt him which ruins all my hopes for them to be the bestest. 

I dropped her off at the house and went to Ross’, Marshall’s, and Aldi’s.  While in Ross’ I realized that I didn’t have my cc so I couldn’t go to Wal Mart or the pet store, which was nice for the pup.  I had to come home to get the cc and I was able to feed and let Sasha out.  Then I did a quick run to WM for my few pick up items and back to the house.  Then we went back out to the park.  There was a whippet there that she enjoyed playing with.  It was funny, the whippet (Brady) was there during the a.m. as well!  Mom said she got bored so she brought him back out. 

Before heading home I stopped over at D’s and C’s to borrow their Caphalon skillet.  While at Aldi’s they had 5lb bags of potatoes for .59!  I couldn’t leave w/out buying a bag.  I decided to make Mike’s delish potatoes.  I’d tell you what they are, but can’t figure out how to spell it. 

As usual Sasha didn’t want to get in the car so I had to physically put her in. 

Once home I started dinner; which was a huge success.  I made Mike’s potatoes and a fish dish from the Looney Spoons ladies.  Aaron liked both and said I could make them again. 

Before going to bed I should take credit for my eats:
Bfast – gk yogurt and banana
Lunch – chicken, cheese, spinach, bell peppers, w rasp vinaigrette wrap
Snacks – mandarin oranges and the new ginger chewy candy I bought at Ross’
Dinner – fish over veggies and potatoes

Super excited that I successfully made these potatoes for the first time ever!!!

Hope you had a nice Saturday…

No comments:

Post a Comment