Monday, February 11, 2013

HAPPY DANCE at our house!

Today I was a responsible employee!  Instead of taking the ten or so mins I had to check my email b/4 clocking in I was productive for work reasons!  Since the co has screwed me so often on tidbits here and there I’ve taken every min of my time and clock in and out on the dot as often as possible. 

The day was pretty easy overall.  None of our challenging children had fits, I made progress on all my vday needs, and I had a semi relaxing afternoon.  Semi due to the four kids refusing to clean up even though they know they need to and had plenty of warning time.  ERRRRR; I told the buggers that we will not play in h.l. in the afternoon tomorrow. 

During my lunch break I had just enough time to check emails, read blogs, and post my pics from Thursday.  Maybe tomorrow I will be able to upload the rest from the weekend. 

When I got off work I called Aaron and discovered he got off early today (and for the next month and a half) and was at the dog park w Sasha!  I was so jealous! 

Nothing out of the norm at la casa other than I mixed some recipes to create a semi new one.  Not posting pics b/c it wasn’t pretty, at least not till after I soaked up the excess liquid.  *go to bottom for my changes*

Just remembered that the blogger let me know my ?, this chick just recaps this other chick; so that she isn’t getting revenue to her site.  There seems to be quite a bit of peeps who dislike the latter. 

K, we are watching the most recent Bourne and then off to bed.  Just so I remember:
Bfast – fresh pineapple and banana oatmeal
            IMO – was okay.  Probably better if I add some coconut extract
Snacks – berry medley, mandarin orange, kiwi, & six veggie straws
Lunch – LO soup w added chickpeas and baby limas as well as lots of spices (I can’t even remember them all, which is a shame b/c it made the soup way better! As in I’d buy it again if I could recreate this).
Dinner – Caprese Style Bake
            IMO – amazing!!!!  I can’t believe that even after roasting the s.squash for an hour (yesterday) and
cooking it in liquid for another forty five plus there was tons of it in the bottom.  Aaron said
we could repeat it, but maybe add some meat next time..  I also loved how the squash kept
it’s al dente bite!  SOOO going to have to buy this veggie more often. 

Now if you want to make it:
NEED:
1 apprx 4lb spaghetti squashed (roasted, shredded, and probably drained)
3 c tomato sauce of choice (I used my homemade Roasted Garden Veggie Tomato Soup)
½ ball of fresh mozzarella – cut into small pieces
2 vine ripened tomatoes – sliced or ‘cubed’
Basil – did not measure b/c I love the stuff and just sprinkled it on to every layer
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
¾ c Italian Cheese Blend – more if desired
Crushed red pepper

ASSEMBLE:
Preheat oven to 350
In 9x9 pan layer:
Spaghetti squash – 1 c sauce – 1 tomato – ½ mozzarella cheese – 1 tbsp b. vinegar sprinkled – basil
REPEAT
Top w last 1/3 of spaghetti squash – 1 c sauce – sprinkle ¾ c cheese over top
Bake for 30 mins covered.  Another 5-10 uncovered.  Let set for 5 mins, drain if necessary. 

I appreciate the idea from these two ladies and hope you’ll try a version of your own. 

SOOOO glad that the hubs will be home at a decent hour for the next month and half!

Thank you for letting me tell you my way of doing the pasta.  Have you made a dish with this veggie?  Please do share…

No comments:

Post a Comment