My hunny is home, my hunny is home, my hunny is home! Typing this doesn’t really express me happiness and the little wiggle dance I’m doing. It’s strange (at least to me) to realize how excited I get when I see him, b/c I don’t usually feel the same when we talk on the phone and I know he’s on his way home (I’m sure I’ll mention something bout that later on possibly). Anyways, I can’t just ramble on about my excitement, the purpose of this ‘blog’ is to get down my daily happenings for my memory. So with that said, let’s do that….
For some strange reason I forgot to set my phone alarm last night but still managed to wake up on time, seven, in order for Izzie to get her meds. She needed to go outside first, so while she was pottying I used my FILs method and placed her pills in sliced cheese. It helped her take em pretty easily.
Next up: I played in the kitchen. I finally got to eat some pancakes! However, I took it a step farther and made muffins, two flavors actually: gingerbread spice and pumpkin spice), using the whole grain pancake mix I bought at GFS before Thanksgiving. I made myself two regular sized ones (gbs) using a third of the serving size and then five (ps) ones unsweetened and unspiced for Izzie using the whole serving. It makes hers 1PPS and mine were 1.4PPs. They were so yummy that I made a bunch of mini’s to take to my coworker and her roommate to taste with the hopes of submitting my recipe for her website.
While baking I also decided to be extra productive and did a couple loads of laundry and put away the clean ones from forever-and-a-day-ago.
After baking, laundry, and cleaning my mess I dressed and headed off to shop (oh yah made Izzie oats w peaches and applesauce for bfast and rice w corn and dog food for lunch). I went to the bank first to deposit my check but got impatient behind two cars and went into goodwill. I found two pair of jeans there today; one for a dollar and one for three fifty. I saw this black and white large polka dot handbag for five bucks and almost bought it, but couldn’t validate the purchase. I also saw some semi cute red velvety-y slippers four about five bucks but decided I would rather have white tights/stockings/leggings b/c I’d wear those again more than likely before I’d wear red velvet-y slippers.
Next up was Dollar General, but they didn’t have anything I wanted so I walked to Aldi’s. I went there specifically for the Mission Dried Figs and bought four bags! I’m so excited. You may ask ‘y so many bags?’. Well last year when I bought them I only bought one bag and fell in love with em. Not only did I fall in love with em, but I found an amazing recipe for fig and walnut biscotti, BUT I’d already eaten too many figs to complete the recipe. So I went back to the store to get more and they didn’t have any. Come to find out they are a special/seasonal item. Which means this is the only weak of the year they sell em’. That’s why I bought four bags. Just so ya know, they taste like fig newtons minus the shortbread cookie layer, ALL figgy-liciousness. I also picked up a few essentials, oh and a three tier cookie cooking rack that I’m thinking bout giving to my dad.
From shopping I went to the in-laws. Carolyn and I talked about my Santa suit for the rampage next weekend. She and I also talked about making aprons (while doing laundry I decided I wanted to make something, an apron, out of these super worn out boxer shorts). I also sat with Dickie and we (him really) successfully printed the logo and LBD for my ornament exchange brunch on the 17th.
I was going to go with them to Wal Mart and a few errands, but they were going to go tanning, and I didn’t want to tag-a-long for that, so I came home. It’s a good thing I did; when I left they were talking about getting lunch, but didn’t do it until close to four! When I got home I ate a bowl of cc with peaches. I also sorted out the x-mas movie gifts from the not gift ones and recorded them.
Once I got settled in I finished watching Braveheart. At the end of the movie it was time to start making dinner. I browned some ground turkey for Izzie and mixed it with rice and corn. I ate my left over sushi (thank you) and wine while finishing bed laundry. I completed Seinfeld, the end of the series. I was trying to find something to bid my time till hubby got home. Well that was over more quickly than I thought so I started wasting my time with House M.D. while indulging in pumpkin dump cake and another cup of coffee (that’s the third one today, one regular and two decaf).
Now is when Aaron got home. He gave me my home baked goody gift from dad (choc. chip, oat. raisin, and pb cookies). Then together we ‘dressed’ our bed so I could sleep in it tonight.
That’s where I am, chilling w the hubby, watching Medium, and cuddling.
The high today: completing two outfits (one for x-mas party and the other towards Santa Rampage) AND hubby coming home for a few days.
I’m glad you read this entry to the end...
No comments:
Post a Comment