Our house is cold and I really don’t feel like doing this entry. I’d much rather keep my hands under the blanket and stay warm, but I’m bound and determined to get down all my life for memory, especially today’s day.
For starter’s I made oatmeal for bfast. I branched out and tried a new ‘recipe’ and it was a fail. I attempted to make what I thought would be peppermint mocha. I tossed in instant grains, cocoa, and peppermint extract. I put in a teaspoon of each. Not enough coffee, cocoa wasn’t sweet enough, and toooooooo much mint! I had to add in a spoon full of vanilla yogurt to make the rest of it decent enough to eat. My nights sleep was ok. We still don’t have heat in the house and it got super cold last night, I think around 25 degrees maybe? The house was 52 when I got up. I did remember to soak my wine bottles, which is a plus.
We were down one kid, my kid, you know the one with all the needs! Anyways she was out b/c she still had a fever. My CT’s newest kid transition exceptionally well and had no tears when dad left. She actually got out of his lap and came to help me play with my toy.
While we were in the gym my old LT text me to tell me that one of our old students, who has a special place in my heart b/c of how hard I worked with him, mother was murdered last week. She was pregnant, eight months, and the unborn baby’s daddy shot her and they both died. Now the little guy, who’s six, is in the custody of DCS. Mom was from Haiti and a single parent. Broke my heart. The OT joked about adopting him, she was talking with her hubby about having a third child this morning. The PT said I should.
My little guy with autism had an amazing day! Very attentive, lots of eye contact, and tolerated wearing a weighted vest which helped him tons. Mom was okay with it too.
During nap time the little guy with DS would not stop crying!!!!!! He cried off and on the whole forty five minutes I was there! My CT said the only thing that calmed him was her ‘banging’ on the bean bag.
As soon as I got back from lunch, which by the way a parent brought in ham and bean soup which was super yummy (and I DO NOT LIKE that kind of soup!), I had a terrible awful unbearable pain in my abdomen. The only thing that relieved the uncomfortableness was lying in a side fetal like position.
Afterward the day was good. I got caught up on my service logs and then played with the babies for thirty minutes. Then went to the biggest kids class. The LT in that room wanted her kids to dress as Santa and take their pictures. She had taken the first, probably the most challenging one, kids picture. When I took the second kids picture, one of the other most challenging children, I became ridiculously frustrated and about lost my cool. Luckily enough our LC came in and helped me. After that I was able to take all the rest of the kids pics dressed as Santa.
At four I played with the Girraffes until five after five. Then I got to get the baby room AT baby and play with. Woops, I need to msg her those pics. Done. I closed the school down for the DR and got out at a quarter till six. I’d also like to remember that I was down emotionally speaking today. I was aggravated about the lines of communication in the building. My CT keeps getting all the news I should be getting and she can’t even relay them correctly. There are other things too that makes me want to say ‘f-u’ to the company since sometime I don’t think they truly appreciate me.
I made Izzie rice with chicken and sweet potatoes. I had left over holiday fixin’s with wine. I bid my hubby farewell for the next few days. Then enjoyed my dinner, drink, and watched House. For dessert I ate brownie and pb cookie with a cup of decaf.
That’s all for now. My high today: a yummy white bean and ham soup, maybe now I can make some for us.
Thanks for letting me tell you about my sadness today…
No comments:
Post a Comment