Monday, December 12, 2011

using nuts? doesn't change much

Well I’m tired and I’ve had a couple of glasses, again so I’m ready for ‘cuddle time’ with the hubby and visit dream land, so I’m going to try and keep this short.

Bfast was banana nut bread oatmeal (even with nuts – walnuts to be exact).  The banana was strange feeling on the tongue.  I thought it was the nuts, but I’ll find out tomorrow, I’m going to try another banana inspired recipe. 

I indulged in reading some more Inkheart.  I made it to school just a few minutes early, just enough time to check email. 

I thought we were going to only have seven kids today; my little guy came back – more in a minute, but at 9:38 our late arrival came in.  It aggravated me immensely b/c I had just marked him absent.  So my little guy, who was out all last week, came back today.  Mom said he was sick and did not play/cooperate last week at all with any of his therapies.  Well he turned out to have a good day.  The only setbacks were minor: after gym time during circle time – he was hot and couldn’t get comfortable and during lunch – I refused to allow him to eat just cookies and put the demands on him to try chicken but he didn’t want them. 

The infant room only had two little ones in there so I was able to work on my assessments until four.  At four I had to go to the giraffes.  I didn’t have to stay the whole hour though!  I was able to leave around a quarter till five.  I closed today, so I went to the back room and tried working a few more minutes on my assessments until it was time to go.  I was able to leave on time today; not late pick ups!

Once I got home I washed the dishes, prepped lunch, and made dinner (kind of the usual unless hubby washes dishes).  For dinner I made sautéed shrimp with steamed veggies.  Oh wait, I did make Izzie some dinner: rice, chicken livers (EWWWW), and steamed veggies.  Since I didn’t take the shrimp out to thaw I ‘quick thawed’ them.  I put em’ in a glass with water and on the fireplace.  It worked, they were thawed by the time I cooked em’.  I forgot to peel them and sautéed them with the shells on.  I like to tell myself that it kept them from overcooking. 

For dessert I just finished a wonderful cup of decaf instant gingerbread spiced coffee spiked with spiced rum. 

High today: all our kids being here today. 

WOO HOO, glad to go cuddle!...

No comments:

Post a Comment