Well not much went on today. Only half of I was productive. This morning while I ate bfast I played on his smartphone and took care of the bills. I paid the water and figured out how much I owe Aaron as well as how much Ross owes us.
He probably thinks I’m addicted, but I only do it to pass the time when it’s a brief amount. I also mainly use it to play games on rather than the actual net access. It’s much faster than this old laptop and I can play new games regularly. I will admit that today I did log onto the net via phone and joined a couple of new groups on meetup. I’m extremely excited about the Crazy Danes group! It’s a group of peeps w Danes that meet every Sunday at Centennial Dog Park @ 1. I don’t think they will tomorrow since it’s supposed to pour down rain all f’n day long.
The amount I owe him isn’t as bad as I thought it was. In reality I wouldn’t owe him anything if I haven’t been supporting my dad the last few months. Speaking of which it’s almost the middle of the month and I don’t think he’s gotten a job yet and I’ve told him I won’t be able to give him near as much next month b/c I have to pay my bills too.
Aaron got up earlier than I thought he would, around nine or so and I felt a little bad trying to figure it all out while he sat there and dilly dallied.
When I finally finished around noon or so I messaged Haley to see if they wanted to get together this evening but didn’t hear back from her in the hour or so till we left, so we went over for Sasha to play w Bosco.
While they played we watched TV and played online. I kind of think this year I’d like to get involved more in the world of blogging rather than just seeming like a voyeur/stalker. I broke down and asked one of my fav bloggers to ask an ettiqutte question and look forward to hearing back from her. I think one of my next questions to the world will be how they keep getting free stuff from some of my fav food companies. There’s a possibility that another loved blogger has a featured blog at the second place; I need to look a little more into and find out. I know she does a lot of posts about the product, and I’m pretty sure she’s mentioned she does it for them, but I had no clue she actually was on their page! It’s almost reason enough to have the net at home just so maybe I could be a featured person for some fav products; one day when my other blog is created it’ll happen for me too.
Anyways back to reality here. We left their house at five or so and discovered that Haley did msg me back around three. Her phone died and she’s been cleaning all day. Luckily enough none of us had eaten dinner and we were all hungry so Aaron and I stopped at Aldi and picked up stuff to complete a grilled burger and chip dinner. This morning when I woke up I planned on tidying the house just in case they came over, but life happens and I didn’t. Well when we got home I ran around like a little mouse and tried to get it done, she told me Dave still needed to shower and then they’d be over. Well they got there b/4 Aaron even got back from Wal Mart (he needed to go get beer). I think the only thing I got done was cleaning the coffee table and sink/toilet! I was in the middle of washing dishes when they got here, not even the middle more like the first seven or so! Needless to say I was slightly self conscious of the house.
Even though I was self conscious I had a great time. We played Apples to Apples and can totally see why it’s addictive. It made me think a lot about Thinkblot (Linds do you remember this I wonder). While we were playing Lindsay and Colin somehow got brought up into the conversation (by me I’m sure) and I had to break down and ask a dreaded question about the worst game of Rook in eternity. Aaron thought we played at Colin’s and I thought we played it at our place. I was wrong and he was right. I wonder what went through Lindsay’s head when I asked the question, she only said his place nothing else.
Back to this evening folks, after the first game we played Blockus, which is a lot like tetris mixed w chess. Four players trying to block the others from laying pieces down with tetris like pieces. I lost, but wasn’t in last place!!!
They brought Lola over to meet Sasha, but she was more interested in Bella who likes to play coy for dogs. At one point Lola was on the papasean (sp?) cushion and crawled through the coffee table to get out! In all the years we’ve been here I’ve not even seen a cat do that! I wasn’t upset, I though it was hilarious. Not to mention she helped me find the spoon rest I’ve been looking for! Thanks Lola.
Additionally Haley mentioned that they like to camp out over at LBL. They like to take Lola and ride bikes and let her run free. I’d love to join them. I’d also really love it if they could meet Lindsay and Colin. Only question is, how on earth to get them all together. I think the best way would be inviting them over here, but Lindsay and Colin don’t really come this way often AND it’s really hard w Aaron’s schedule. I think they’d all get along well.
K, I’m done. I had a great time and hope to do it more regularly, but I’m ready for nighty nite time. I’m sure you know the best part about today was dinner and games w em’.
What games do you like to play???
I'm glad I could help you out! And thanks so much for the sweet mention. Hey - if you want to meet up for coffee one day and go over any other questions you have I would love to try to help you out.
ReplyDeleteThat's sweet, thanks! I'd love to! Let me start compiling a list (he he he).
Delete