Thursday, January 31, 2013

just a good ol' day

Can you believe that January of 13 is over?!??!  I wonder how all those people who thought we were ending in Dec. 12’ feel? I have to admit I had suspicions just b/c of what was going on w the peeps we know, but once it got closer it didn’t feel any different really.  I wonder if it’s supposed to or not?

Anyways on the way to work this morning I heard the horrible news about an amber alert out of Memphis.  A 24 yr old black male, black hair, and brown eyes stabbed the mother of his two month old, was nice enough to take her to the hospital (I think if I heard correctly) and then kidnapped the infant. 

I had a few minutes to spare b/4 clocking in and finally got all my late entries posted!  I can not believe that I’ve finally caught up!  The only thing I didn’t complete was link love and I did that on my lunch. 

The morning went really well.  In the 1st room I chatted w the Metro SLP, I’d love to make friends w her, she seems like my kind of people.  Then in our room I was able to finish my basket drawings for our art and my CCT3 helped me cut out more (larger too) images for the kids to paste like they were packing a basket to take to grandma’s like Red.  Morning circle went really well.  It actually went for an extra seven minutes!  The best part was the kids telling the story of Red and The Pigs.  By the end of the The Pigs you would have thought we were having a party it was loud and involved. 

Some of the kids really loved the art, esp Dear Fussy.  She kept asking for specific foods to go in her basket so I was scrambling to find them.  She stuck w the activity for so long she didn’t have a chance to get in to a tizzy. 

Nap was a little rough, there were three aftercare children who just did not want to nap! 

The afternoon went smoothly too and we actually got paperwork time!  Not the full 1 ½ like we were supposed to, but good enough for me to complete my summaries!!! (I did the other half yesterday)  The kids enjoyed our math circle and majority of them got involved. 

Aftercare was pretty easy.  The kids thought my ‘game’ (really goal) was fun and then we danced until it was time for us to go. 

Pretty nice huh?!?!  The reason I do what I do. 

At home Sasha and I got to play outside for twenty minutes or so.  The guy two houses down asked if we had somebody taken care of our tree yet, funny thing is I couldn’t hear him so Sasha and I walked over there and he was scared of her!  She’s 4 ½ months tomorrow, can’t wait to see how much she’s grown in a couple of weeks.  BTW I still haven’t looked up that bug yet.  Aaron said it was a hair follicle bug that just makes her itch. 

Then I came in and marinated dinner, took care of cleaning, and then prepped my lunch and got dinner started.  I decided to make fried rice finally and took responsibility to make the rice yesterday (after two days of waiting on hubby to make it).  However DA me didn’t take it out of our fancy schmancy hold all the heat in pots so the rice on the bottom was still soft, damp, and easily mashed; so in other words made fryin hard!  By the third scoop I realized a little trick: get the skillet hot, pour oil in, and WAIT for that oil to get hot.  That was the greatest sound ever: little crispy rice poppin sound.  I made two separate batches of rice; the first had way more oil so I let Aaron eat it since he can have the extra cals and I ate the second which was just lightly fried IMO. 

For anybody who ever stumbles across this here’s what I did:
In advance marinate meat (we did country style ribs from Aldi’s – so frickin’ tender)
            dashes of: garlic asian spice (garlic, white pepper, and ginger)
                             wasabi powder
                             hoision sauce
                             soy sauce
            smaller dashes: fish sauce
                                      rice and apple cider vineager
We have these vacuum seal sucker containers that marinate in 30 mins, but I should have done this earlier, you too if you want more flavor. 
Sautee: ½ bell pepper (mine was orange for color contrast)
             3 leaves of purple cabbage
             ½ purple onion
Set in dish in warm oven to maintain heat
Working in serving spoonful batches now – heat skillet, heat oil, dump in rice and stir stir stir.  Once crispy place in warmed dish w veggies and continue w the rest of the rice. 
Now it’s time to prepare meat. 
Cook in reserved rice oil till nice and brown.  (I left the juices which made for softer bites, if you want crispier ones pour off marinate first). 

Serve in bowls and top w Sriracha and extra Soy, eat w chopsticks b/c it’s fun!!!!

Okay, now that I’ve gotten the silly bug out I’ll tell you about all my eats today:
Bfast – blueberry peach oatmeal
Snacks – clementine’s and a piece of cheese
Lunch – another new soup from Campbell’s (1 serving = 3PP) w cilantro, sriracha, and extra veggies
             IMO - will buy again!  Tasty and filling.  The rice is a bit strange, but love the beans in it.  Def good
                        good in a pinch.
Snacks – grapes galore
Dinner – fried rice served like Biz; she always puts a bed of spinach underneath her food.  I love that idea and going to try to incorporate it when I can.  It was really pretty: orange, purple, and green w a gorgeous glass of vino.  I also ate two extra bites of Aarons b/c I like to taste how he changes his and the 2nd bite was b/c he just couldn’t finish. 
Dessert – 2 chocolate covered espresso beans and one chili truffle. 

Now onto the best part of the day, oh wait totally forgot to complain about the thing that pissed me off most today!!!!  Did I mention that I didn’t get paid for a half hour of OT last period?  Well I didn’t, not at all, not OT or even my regular rate!  I emailed the DR early this week; Mon or Tue and she never got back w me, but we have to hand in our time sheets tomorrow so I really need to know whats going on…. Sooo I went into her office and asked.  Basically the payroll lady said she isn’t going to pay me OT b/c she paid snow pay (we closed early one day during that week, but I didn’t get snow pay b/c I was to leave at 4 anyways), but she would pay me my regular rate for the half hour. 
My ? is – since I don’t get the OT time, do I get the snow pay?  If I don’t then I should totally get OT.  Does this make sense?  I know what I mean, hope she does too b/c I’m going to try and talk to her tomorrow.  Or I though about just adding in 1 hour snow and ½ hour of regular time and see what happens and go from there. 

Okay now onto the best part; the kids telling the story after circle time.  I really wish we could have video taped it. 

Can you eat with chopsticks?  My MIL can’t and it’s fun to try teaching her!  Thanks for letting me vent there in the end…

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Renee! I am glad you like the spinach trick to get in more veggies!

    I cannot use chopsticks at all - my family always makes fun of me because I almost use the wrong end! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete