Saturday, January 21, 2012

another brunch

My hubby and I have had a wonderful day together.  It’s the first day we’ve actually gotten to spend time together in about six or so weeks, minus the 31st and 1st. 

I tried to sleep in this morning but his snoring wasn’t thinking about permitting it!  I rolled out of bed a little after seven.  Once I got up I started the laundry, primped a little girly style, and ate enjoyed a huge apple.  Afterwards I had some coffee while relaxing.  I tried to balance my checkbook, but my phone battery died so I couldn’t.  Instead I played with my polish, using my toes as a canvas.  I finally mastered fading!  However I can only do it on a nude nail, not a colored one.  I plan on doing it after I finish w this entry. 

Aaron rolled out close to eleven or so and we sat around and chatted a little as well as cuddled.  I’ve found that I enjoy the cuddling a little bit more recently than I have in the past.  I wonder if it’s b/c I’m getting older or if it’s b/c he’s been gone and we haven’t’ had the opportunity as much. 

We had plans to go use my Sharing spree deal at Mad Donnas, but stopped by his parents place first to pick up coupons.  We were seated quickly.  He ordered The Big Don and I had Crab Benny.  I also ordered two for one mimosas (pineapple and pomegranate – the two I had last time were way better (black raspberry and peach)).  My dish was amazing.  I wish the crab cake had been more toasted, but great flavor.  Also I forgot to order the egg poached but the server rang it in that way anyways, instead of fried.  I’m thinking she did it that way since I ordered the hollandaise sauce on the side.  I also had a huge serving of roasted potatoes on the side.  I ate one half of the dish and saved the other for him to eat as dinner or leftovers.  His sandwich was equally as yummy.  It was piled extremely high w eggs.  He wished it would have had more bacon and tomatoes, but was wonderfully rich.  I wonder if it was the bread, the butter on the bread, or the eggs.  Would def. order again! (both dishes actually)  I was stupid and didn’t read the fine print: alcohol not included, so I had to, thankfully, order a little something extra – biscuit & gravy and a glass of milk to make up the difference.  My bill was 31.95 b/4 discount but 6.00 didn’t count so that was the left over.  Well after ordering the biscuit and milk my tab came back at 7.77.  I tipped 14.00, which totals to me spending 29.00 (15.00 for the deal and 14.00 for the tab difference and tip) for 44.00, which literally equals out to 15.00 extra bucks. 

While we were there I saw some amazing artwork by a woman named Lisa something.  I’m sure she’s probably local too.  I tried to convince Aaron to recreate some of her pieces w his tweaks, we’ll see. 

I forgot to grab my WW calculator so we swung by his parents place to pick up his moms.  Oh yeah I forgot to mention that when we went there the first time his dad took pictures of us since Aaron had on his new specs!  I think one of those pictures may be our yearly picture to put in the ornament for this year.  I do need to look at them of course. 

Our first stop was Mc Kays book store.  I found the book I was looking for after much searching.  I found the second book the author wrote and carried it around to use as a reference.  When I didn’t find the first one I was putting the other one back and found the first one!  It was weird though b/c I was putting it back in one spot and looking for the other copies, but couldn’t find them.  Then I realized the second book wasn’t alphabetized correctly.  Lucky me, the first book was the only copy!  I can’t wait to start reading it tomorrow!!!  We piddled around for several more minutes looking at everything they had to offer before leaving.  Aaron looked at things that interested him while I looked at books and when I went to check out I couldn’t find him.  I had to page him. 

Our next stop was Alid’s.  Surprisingly enough there wasn’t anything I needed and I left empty handed!  That may be the very first time I haven’t bought anything, fruit, staples, veggies, anything at all from there!

As planned we went to Costco next and of course spent lots of money there.  The only splurge item we bought that we didn’t really need or won’t use ASAP was a movie.  I did get some fruit that I didn’t necessarily need, but will def. eat. 

Our last stop was Wal Mart.  I finally got some bananas and strangely enough, can’t wait to eat one w yogurt!  I can’t think of a single splurge unneeded item I got.  Oh yeah, I did pick up some sauerkraut in hopes to eat the Rueben dish I was craving recently. 

Back at the house we put away our goods and settled in.  Aaron made my leftovers for dinner and I reheated the venison ground chop steak from the other day w veggies.  My brunch leftovers were super yummy!  Made me kind of wish I’d eaten them instead. 

It’s nine thirty, so I doubt I’ll get to enjoy a cup of coffee tonight, but that’s okay. 

The best part of my day was being w my hubs all day.

Hope your weekend day was good…

No comments:

Post a Comment