Well I didn’t sleep that well last night either. I couldn’t breathe all that great and woke up multiple times w that wonderful snotty drool we all get. I wanted to call out and stay home, but knew that wouldn’t necessarily make me feel better.
I enjoyed another bowl of banana bread oatmeal. While the oatmeal was ‘cooking’, I prepped my lunch since I didn’t do it yesterday. I made fruits and veggies we the broccoli garden V8 soup. This morning I had the genius idea to add raisins or craisins, but I didn’t (since I made poor eating choices this weekend). This was a good bowl. While consuming the yumminess I read some more of my book and then paid the mortgage bill.
I actually got to work about ten minutes earlier than usual. This gave me time to record all my debits/credits so I can balance my books. I also checked emails and blogs. The guy I ran into from college at Play requested to be ‘friends’ on FB. Thought it was funny. I accepted, but didn’t read anything on his page. Some of the gals posted pictures of me w tags from Friday night. Next time I wear that dress I’ll wear a solid black bra. You can kind of see the prints on it in the picture. I couldn’t see em in the mirror!
The day went smoothly. We had six kids out of eight. Four of them were mine. Which basically means I had more DN’s to write than my CT. We also started our kids art projects to make hand print hearts. It went smoothly too. One of the most aggravating parts of the day was the OT kept asking if we had done things we our kids: work on eating w a spoon, try drinking from a straw, practice taking bites of bread, things like that. It irked me b/c I don’t think those things are important w the kids in particular. The kid she was referring to about using the spoon needs to be comfortable in class first. The one w about the straw needs to eat food for us first. And the guy w the bread I just left out there on his own b/c he is able to self feed while I work on the other three children on my case load. It’s much easier for her b/c she only has to work with one kid at a time, as to where I’m spreading my focus all around, as well as usually eating a snack myself.
Oh yeah I started my summaries this morning. Literally just started them. All I got done was entering the data. This afternoon the AT in the baby room son went home sick w a fever, which means she’s going to be out tomorrow. I only mention this b/c I’m sure the DR is going to ask me to stay late tomorrow and close. I’m not going to be able to. I did today. I stayed and closed the toddler room. Tomorrow however I need to finish reading my book and then attend the meeting! I’m super excited (esp. if I finish the book), it’ll be the first time I’ve attended this meetup group gathering.
Guess I should mention that I didn’t really like the broccoli garden soup. It needs a little something; cheese? bacon? spice? I’m not sure but hopefully I figure it out b/c I’ll probably finish it on Wednesday. For dinner I made an amazing bowl of chicken fried rice. And yes I’m going to include the recipe only b/c I want to re-make it at a later date.
red onion, cabbage, bell pepper (or any other mix of veggies)
1 serving (118 g) of left over rice (I used sushi rice flavored w pickled ginger (reserve) from Ru Sans)
1 serving (56 g) canned chicken
Sirachi and soy sauce to taste
Spritzing oil
- sautee veggies in hot skillet w spray oil
- add rice to skillet, use more spray oil if needed
- in separate bowl mix pickled ginger, chicken, sirachi, and soy sauce
- add chicken (or other meat) mixture to skillet to warm
- then re add veggie mix to blend and reheat
- if desired serve w extra soy sauce and green onion
I’m counting this dish as eight points – 4 for the rice, 1 for chicken, and 3 for oil/sauces. I’m also hoping I can find pickled ginger at the store so I can make this again and not have to wait for Ru San’s leftovers.
My throat is really bothering me so I had an ice cream/frozen treat – WW endorsed dark chocolate covered raspberry in hopes the coolness would soothe my throat. It didn’t so I broke down and am enjoying a cup of red tea w honey. I used a dark honey, a whole serving (which is another point) for a change, and it as actually sweet enough.
Well that’s the end of my day, up till this point. We are going to finish watching Medium and then go to bed.
The best part today – a successful impromptu recipe.
Thanks for checking me out and hope you’ll try the recipe if you ever crave healthy ‘fried’ rice…
No comments:
Post a Comment