Monday, January 16, 2012

Time for SOUP

Well today was another really easy Monday!  Easy, but I was extremely tired, all day!!!

I was dreaming when my alarm went off.  It wasn’t just a regular dream.  It was in color.  Also my HS swthrt and I were together, not happily, but he was in it AND I was holding Izzie as she passed.  If I remember correctly I was w him, in a trailer, in a field somewhere, and I ran out to get her to hold her.  It was also weird b/c she was in a pen (or pin, not sure bout the spelling) outside. 

My bfast was another cranberry almond oatmeal, but this time it didn’t plump right so I added a dollop of pumpkin and a sprinkle of brown sugar.  WAY better!!!  I really wonder why it didn’t plump/growl like usual?!? 

In my email this morning my new friend Allison invited me to go on a wine tour in Cali in May.  I haven’t talked to Aaron bout it nor emailed her back yet.  I’m not sure how I feel about it.  I really want to go.  I’m not sure if I’ll ever get a chance again.  She’s trying to have a baby, which means it’ll be a while b/4 she can do it again.  If I ever decide to have kids then I’ll have to put it on hold.  I’m not sure I can even afford the trip.  I’m also not sure I’ll have enough vacation time built up to go.  Also my DR is going to Cali, but I think she’s going in March, or maybe April, def. not May.  Also we really need to use our ‘free vacation’ from the pots and pans peeps and I really wanted to use it in May to go to Maine.  WOW, does any of that make sense at all? 

We only had three kids, out of eight in the class.  Two were mine and one was my CT.  One of my kids was the new on that started today.  He did sooooooo well!!!!  I also think I’m really going to like his mom. 

Nothing wonderful happened in the afternoon.  I spent it playing w the babies as usual.  I’m pretty sure that I’m officially ‘scheduled’ to be in there until five everyday.  It’s not written or recorded, but that’s where I’ve been almost every afternoon since as far back as I can remember.  Also I learned that the co has enrolled another friend in aftercare in the toddlers which means my CT has to stay in there until she leaves every day.  She was able to do paperwork when the other rooms got into ratio, not now, not since there’s seven plus kids enrolled to stay past four.  I’ll never fully understand why the upper powers continue to enroll children when there’s not enough staff to take care of them. 

I didn’t do so great w food choices today.  I started out well: oats, fruits and veggies to snack on, V8 garden tomato herb soup for lunch, and that’s where it went down hill.  The AD of Outreach brought in chocolate chip cookies and chocolate popcorn, which I indulged in.  A parent also brought in her wonderful homemade butter rich toffee and I had a few pieces.  For dinner I made an onion cabbage broccoli tuna pot.  It was okay.  Would have been better with some of that yummy ginger stuff at Japanese restaurants.  Also I think it would have been more appealing over pasta or rice. 

Well I’ve gotten my day down and now I’m going to enjoy, hopefully, a cup of hot red tea. 

Oh yeah forgot to mention that our school is rampant with pneumonia!  Hoping my CT doesn’t catch it considering she catches E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!!!

The best part of my day was new kid having such a wonderful first day.

Thanks for checking in on me…

*this is an added note – I found out today that Soup for Our Kids is on Sunday Feb. 26th!*

No comments:

Post a Comment