Today was a decent enough day. The hubs snoring or lack there of didn’t wake me! I did rise around seven thirty or so and started my day. I enjoyed my underripe banana. It’s been so long, like two weeks, since I’ve enjoyed that wonderful yellow tropical like fruit. I say underripe b/c the peel didn’t tear or come down all that easy. It did still taste good though.
Of course, since its Sunday I talked to my dad. And as usual we didn’t really discuss any life changing topics, just our week and food. I’d really like to be able to have conversations w people that weren’t food or child related, but it comes back to it so often. Makes me wonder if I had other desires in the past and if so what they were? What did I used to talk about? I’m guessing movies or entertainment considering that’s what I did.
I also worked a little bit on laundry. I think our gentile cycle is busted. It washed the clothes, but didn’t rinse or spin. I went to check the clothes and the machine was full of water. I turned it around and restarted it and when I went back, yep you guessed it, the machine was full of water again. So I broke down and turned it to the regular cycle and rinsed/spun them. I haven’t tried the clothing items on, but I’m hoping that all the clothes are okay.
After my phone conversation, while working on the laundry, I started my new book I found yesterday. The first few chapters are really good. I like that it’s gone from the past to the present and back and forth w each chapter. I think it keeps the reader intrigued and turning the pages.
When Aaron got up we sat around and watched Heroes. For lunch I made a yummy twisted tuna melt. I mixed a single serving of tuna w a little bit of mustard and relish and onion from TS topped w two slices of my new cheese ‘baked’ till melted and toasty around the edges. Instead of the typical bread bottom I used wheat thins. I liked it, a lot. Hub said it was too fishy and didn’t have enough cream base and really need the bread underneath. Good thing it was for me, huh? Was a 4PPs filling meal.
I went to my ‘meeting’ at 3:30, and was a little late. I thought I knew where the place was, but parked and couldn’t find it. I called Aaron to ask him and he wasn’t any help, which I so impolitely told him (but called and apologized for later after my stress was gone). I swallowed my pride and called Allison and she explained to me where the place was. I was so close, just a few buildings farther down than I thought. I got out of my car and started to walk to the meeting place only to discover the lot I was in charged a six dollar fee. I’m not a huge fan of paying for parking so I got in my car, drove past the place (which means I found it for sure0 and found a free better semi closer parking spot.
The meeting went smoothly enough. There were nine of us and we figured out who’s rooming together and where we will be staying. I’ll be w Allison (sharing a bed), Cathy, and Sheena. As of right now Sheena and I are the only ones that will be leaving after noon. She said she didn’t mind driving if the weather wasn’t terrible. She also mentioned that she thought the people driving shouldn’t have to pay any money for gas but that the riders should cover the whole fee. I don’t think anyone really heard her or if they did, they didn’t acknowledge her. I really hope that’s not the case b/c I’d have to pay for all the gas by myself. I think, even more so after talking w family, that she should fill her tank full, drive it to GA, around if need be, and back to TN and then we can split the cost of the fill up. I’m going to have to try to figure out how to make it fair so I don’t get stuck paying all of it. *I just chatted w Aaron and it makes sense to me the way he explained, no way am I going to try to type that in, but I hope that I can make it clear enough to her that she understands it*
After the meeting was over I drove to the IL’s. On the way I chatted w Allison. I also made plans with Lindsay to have dinner w them on Wed. at Ru Sans! We, IL’s, me, and Aaron, ended up going to the Olive Garden in Antioch instead of Rivergate b/c David’s gf Kelsey had an audition out there. I ordered their pompodora (hopefully I log online and check the spelling of this word) and ate half. It was good. Next time I’d order it w more basil. For dessert I ordered the trio mini cups – tiramisu, lemon mousse, and chocolate w caramel. I forgot to mention that Carolyn noticed my nail polish I ‘made’ last night. I really like it. I dabbed a dark silver as a base and then dabbed the dark purple over it and it’s really pretty. She liked it too! That actually says a lot b/c she has horrible sight and noticed it from across the room.
While we were driving home we all discussed semi deep opinions and then Aaron asked how old his parents were when they had him. I may have stepped on toes and asked a question he didn’t appreciate. I know this b/c he poked me when I did it and then reprimanded me in the car. I wondered if they were aware of what happened to their exes. I didn’t ask if they kept in touch, just merely wondered basically if they knew whether or not they were still living. I didn’t want to know their marital status or parental status, just if they knew anything about em. I was thinking about my parents and how they are aware of one another, but I believe it’s due to me and having children together. Neither one of his parents had kids w their exes. Sometimes I forget they were even married before hand. They make such a great couple, have been together for so long, and seem to be so happy together, it’s like they were high school sweethearts. I also could have sworn that Carolyn has talked about being w him right after school, but now that I think about it she could have been talking about college since she said they got married when she was around 24. Dickie is a few years older than her, maybe three, four at the max.
Digression aside, when we got home I had a horrible hankering for chocolate. I ate some morsels and a turtle and still wasn’t satiated. I made a cup of hot chocolate w half a pack and a few chunks of spicy chocolate melt-y’s from my CT. While enjoying my cup of creaminess I paid the bills, at least the ones I have. I can’t find the mortgage bill or my student loan. I have to call them tomorrow, hopefully I’ll remember.
Well that does it for me today. The best part is a hard decision: new book/quality time we hubs/meet w the girls.
Hope this tomorrow is a good Monday…
No comments:
Post a Comment