Tuesday, January 31, 2012

a new group of ladies

I’ve just gotten in from my book club meeting.  Not the club I’ve attended for the past year, but a new one I joined on meetup.  I’ve got mixed feelings about it and I’m really considering msging the organizer with an idea on how to make it better, (I know that sounds arrogant), but I’ll get to that a little later.  Let me tell you about my day first. 

Bfast wasn’t as yummy as I thought it was going to be.  I made oatmeal w peaches and blueberries.  The first time nuked and the fruit wasn’t soft enough.  The second time they were soft, easy to smash w the spoon, and turned the oatmeal a gorgeous purple color.  However I think it was too cooked b/c there wasn’t much fruit flavor at all.  Next time I’ll heat the oats first and then toss in the fruit for warming. 

I had to drive Aaron’s truck to work today and it was drizzle-y.  Not too hard and I found the remote for his radio (finally).  It was weird parking it at school. 

The day was much easier than I thought it was going to be considering we had a new kid start.  Her parents hung out for about an hour, left and came back for the temper tantrum at the start of nap, left again, and then came back in time to pick her up.  They were super worried about little things.  I thought it was a little strange b/c they already have a six year old.  I’m guessing they are super sensitive about this little lady b/c she has a ‘disability’ (in quotes b/c I HATE that word). 

Since she started, we now have six kids in T/R crew!  Now all we need is two more.

The DR asked me to close again and I found out that I could since my meeting wasn’t till seven.  I had/got to hang out in the baby room from 2:45 till 5:30.  The AT was out since her little man went home sick yesterday.  It wasn’t hard at all.  There were 3 babies.  Two slept and went down easily and the other was fun to play with. 

While waiting on the meeting to start I checked my emails, blogs, and FB.  I discovered that I think one of my used to be close friends from high school may have gotten a divorce.  I only mention it b/c she and the guy were essentially high school sweethearts.   They were attached from the beginning, got married a year or so into college, bought an adorable house, and seemed a-ok at our 10 yr reunion.  I sent her an email and hope it didn’t offend her.  Guess I’ll find out in the next couple of days.

Now to the meeting.  We met at Carrabas (sp?).  There were about 18-20 ladies and we sat at a long table.  I ordered the soup and salad combo and got the Sicilian chicken with an Italian salad dressing on the side.  It was really yummy.  I also ordered a glass of wine.  It was happy hour and their house wines were order the ‘med’ size and get it for the price of the ‘small’.  I met some really interesting gals.  There were a couple that actually like sci fi!  The Asian chick sitting next to me has actually seen several of the shows we watch!  The other girl enjoys sci fi books and basically does the same thing, at least really similar, I do.  The down side of the meeting: there were WAY TOO MANY people.  The discussion questions got passed out and then a few minutes (maybe ten in reality) people started to leave.  I was thinking ‘hold up, wait a minute, we never discussed the book’.  I mentioned it to the girls around me and one of the said she thought the girls at the end of the table had already discussed it and that’s why they were about to leave.  So I guess we were supposed to discuss it amongst ourselves with our seat neighbors.  As mentioned earlier if I get brave enough to mention to the organizer I think the next meeting we should sit at small tables in order to discuss it.  It would be a little quieter and maybe a better discussion. 

Also the chick that I think I’ve mentioned a couple of times from meetup, you know the blonde one that hubby thinks may be a lesbian?  Well she and I kind of butted heads.  We were talking about The Help.  She didn’t realize the two main differences btwn the book and the movie and I and another girl explained the differences.  She said she didn’t think it made a difference to the story.  It may not have, but it was a simple difference to tweak that should/could have been left the same (IMO). 

In the morning I get to start the book for Lindsay’s bc.  Hope it’s a good one.  I really need to remember/find that site she was telling us about so we can get more free books (hint if you read this I’d gladly accept the memo again). 

The highlight of my day was the little girl adjusting well on her first day (aka honeymoon period).

Hope you have an opinion and wanna share about what you think…

No comments:

Post a Comment